Water leak

I noticed my radiator low and water under the car. I took the 1996 Mustang GT to the shop and they pressure checked it and did not find a leak.

I am still getting water under the car and low radiator fluid. I now have noticed a loud sound that I can stop by turning off the AC.

I suspect that it will be time to repair the AC very soon. I guess the shop could have missed the leak if they were testing it with the AC off. Any other thoughts?

Reply to
Fignewton

Possible bad water pump bearing/seal allowing seepage from the water pump weep hole.

.

Is it water or is it coolant? Coolant smells very different than water. If it's water, it might just be condensate.

The AC and cooling system have nothing to do with one another, but the AC can drip condensate, which is fine and nothing to worry about.

How low is your radiator getting?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Take off the belt and check the water pump bearing. If it's leaking, you found your problem. Make sure you check all the bearings on the accessories and pulleys while you got the belt off. The bad news is that the AC could be a separate problem. Fix the water leak first.

Reply to
dsi1