Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chances of big busted women on other planets unlikey.
CHANCES OF BIG BUSTED WOMEN ON OTHER PLANETS VERY REMOTE INDEED! Consider yourself lucky! Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar predicted while a very young man in the 1930s that there was a limiting mass for...
1
1

Screwed by a body shop
My niece did about 8k of damage to her 2006 Ford Escape. After the fix, she could hear a noise coming from the front tire on the drivers side. That was the side that busted the tire. She carried it...
1
1

GM Steering Wheels
I have heard 3 car reviews where the size of the steering wheel in the new 08 Malibu is criticized as being too big. I have noticed this in many gm cars. Why does GM make their steering wheels so...
1
1

How to get pulley off?
I have a GM power steering pump with appx. 5/8" shaft and appx 6" pulley that I cannot get off with a three-jawed puller. The shaft has a allen or hex-type type socket in the end. I tried inserting an...
10
10

HOW DO I TELL IF A POWER STEERING PUMP IS VANE OR GEAR?
I am looking for a few, gear-type power steering pumps from pick-a-part yards. How do I tell, without tearing them down, if they are gear pumps or vane-type? Thanks j/b
2
2

WHAT HONDA PUMP IS THIS?
In looking for a power steering pump at a pick-a-part, I pulled what I thought was one. Now, I don't think it is. It was externally mounted on the engine. It has appx. 5/8" rubber hose barbs on it and...
16
16

2002 Dodge Durango Engine won't start
anti-theft system also known as skim wrote:
10
10

rear window defroster wont work
i have a 2003 chevy cavalier i put on rear defroster i hear the relay click the light come on but nothing in the back.I check the grid with a test light and it doesnt light could this be a switch...
1
1

Chevy/GM Truck Fuel Sending Units
Greetings All, Can anyone explain the purpose of the multiple outlets on Chevy/GM fuel sending units? My 1975 3/4 ton has dual tanks with 2-outlet sending units. I have salvage tanks and sending units...
7
7

wiring of 86 Chevy Celebrity radiator fan relay?
2.8 liter V6. Radiator fan won't run, replaced relay and sensor/ switch. I understand it's supposed to run when AC on or temp over some value. I can jumper the 2 big wires in the relay plug (thereby...
4
4

Saturn sunroof motor...limit switches?
The sunroof in my girlfriends 2001 Saturn SC2 broke back in Aug and I was the unlucky recipient of receiving the task of fixing it. I did a little research and discovered that thousands of people have...
11
11

Gas station versus service station
Got to wondering about these terms. Do they mean the same thing to most of you, or do you believe they are different. Leaving convenience stores out of this (that is, going back to the old days),...
11
11

Oil consumption puzzle
Advice needed, My car uses 1 liter oil on 600 km (about 1 quart. Gallon p. 500 miles, I guess). I sometimes see smoke in the first minute when it is started after a cold night outside. There is no...
6
6

Service engine soon light
My wife's care is a Mitsubishi Lancer 2002. The "service engine soon" light came on a few weeks ago. I tightened the gas cap and the light went off. Since then the light comes on after I have put in...
8
8

2001 Saturn SC2 starting issue
I own a 2001 Saturn SC2 that I am having starting issues with. I moved the car down my driveway 30 feet. 20 minutes later I try to move the car again and it will not start. All lights, locks, alarm,...
3
3