Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?
Correction : 3 amp, 42w maximum.. | Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics, | National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips for | automotive use? No |...
7
7

where to find short wiper refills?
Hi all, anyone know where to find a short wiper refill for a very old wiper blade? I would like to keep my original blades on my '55 Stude (actually I upgraded to '56 blades and arms as the original...
7
7

2001 VW Jetta help
Hello, Forgive me, i know as much about cars as i do crossstiching in the ocean up side down. I have a 2001 VW Jetta that has a creak on both the front tires area. When we get our oil changed they...

Chip control of auto transmission shift points?
Awl -- Are the shift points of small-car (eg, Honda Fit, 07) auto tranny's chip controlled? If so, I would imagine the shift points, both down and up, can be readily changed. Can I get the dealer to...
30
30

What Do You Do When . . .
. . . the cruise control on your 2005 Malibu LS , 3.5V6 cuts out intermittently and does not operate at cabin/outdoor temperatures abvoe 80 degrees, aaannnnd: The Chevy dealer you bought it from says...
10
10

1999 Lexus ES300 oddities
Hello, I just sold my 1997 Camry V6 (180K miles), and bought a 1999 Lexus ES300 (74k miles). They are supposed to be very much the same car. I'm finding some odd things, and wanted to ask other...
6
6

impact wrenches and air compressors
how do the spec-s of an air impact wrench relate to the air compressor? i need to loosen a crankshaft pulley bolt that is torqued at 134 ft- lb. on a 1998 honda civic LX. i have a sears craftsman...
9
9

Blown Camry Engine - need suggestions
Hi Folks. I could use some suggestions. All are welcome. I purchased a 99 Camry 4 cylinder from a "little old lady". It has 62,000 on it. Yes 62,000 miles. I had 4 new mich tires installed at Costco...
65
65

trying to get codes from a 94 Buick Century
Hi- The Service Engine Soon light came on on my car, which is a 94 Buick Century with the 3.1 V6 engine. Here is the problem I am having. Up until 1993, you could read the codes on all of the GM cars...
3
3

97 taurus OBD2 coonector
I am having trouble getting my codes scaned on my 97 taurus. The scan tools won't connect. what pins are realy needed on the connector? data buss: on pin 2 0v on pin 10 5V is the data buss...

Chrysler Cruise control 2000 Voyager
I'm considering adding cruise control to this vehicle, It did not have it from the factory, but there are some replacable covers on the steering wheel where the switches would have gone. I was...
1
1

Nissan VQ30
Nissan Presarge with VQ30 V6 has a missfire at idle some times when it rains gets worse need help with this as its hard to sort out.
4
4

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 to to 16 valve swap
Hey guys i have a 1996 volkswagen jetta with a stock 2.0 motor with manual trans. I would like to swap it out with a 2.0 16 valve DOHC motor. Does any body know if it is a bolt in swap or if not what...

What could have happened/Follow-up
Oppps..OK first a correction..The sensor that was broken was one all the way on the rear of the head not the manifold..Replaced that. Anyway, I went back to where the Jeep was this morning and it...
5
5

Specific vehicle for children
To Start, I hate Minivans. I have 3 young children. I'm looking for any SUV that has the following criteria: 3 Rows of Seating 2nd row must be captain chairs 3rd must be split, either 50/50 or 60/40...
2
2