Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Car Deposit For New Car When Ordering ?
Hello, Expect to shortly order a new 2009 car from a relatively small dealership. Have read about the collapse of that very large Chevy dealership; nation's largest apparently. Scarry. In light of...
7
7

Smoke Coming Out Of Distributer (long post)
OK, here's one that's totally stumping me...I'm driving the other day, in the rain, and my '90 Acura Legend gives a slight pop from the engine compartment and then stalls out. I pull over to the side...
2
2

What could have happened?????
Oy. OK I changed the head gasket and intake/exhaust gasket today on my Jeep 4.0. It fired up fine but I seemed to be smelling/seeing exhaust up near the engine (By this time it was completely dark)...
4
4

P0135 and now P0420 CEL
I have a '97 Lexus ES300 with 112K miles. I had got a CEL with P0135 code. I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor with a OEM sensor. Two days later, I get another CEL and now the code is P0420 -...
2
2

Jeep head gasket replacement: Follow-Up
Hello. First I want to thank everyone who answered my compression question so quickly and knowledablely. You guys are the best! (Please see "What does "No compression mean?" thread for a refesher)...
13
13

1983 Dodge van battery cables and ignition switch.
I bought the van last Sunday.Each one of the positive and negative battery cables has a replacement clamp on the end where they connect to the battery.I don't like those kind of the positive and the...
6
6

Creative Uses for a Handheld GPS System
?Another use on foot for handheld GPS system is during long camping or hiking trips...

why does Advance A/P no longer sell steel brake-fluid lines?
Subject asks it. Anyone know why? sam
5
5

What does "No compression" mean?
My 1994 Jeep Cherokee (Inline 6 4.0) started running really rough last week as if one of the cylinders was missing. I changed all the plugs and wires and cap/rotor and that fixed nothing. I was...
40
40

Is motorcraft now autolite?
I went looking for motorcraft plugs for my 87 Lincoln. Three major parts stores said there is no more motocraft, its all now autolite. Can I assume that an autolite plug is 100% the same as the...
24
24

Auto Parts stores beware getting calls from the relay telephone network (deaf people usually use)
I work at an auto parts store and we just got a call from a guy who calls himself Jamed Kerr who used the telephone relay network to place a $2600 spark plug order. He gave me the credit card # which...

Noises while driving but stops when breaking
I have a 95 Mercury Villager that just recently started making a weird noise that is higher pitched and seems like it's coming from the wheel well. It stops making the noise, however, when I break. I...
17
17

Mysterious problem
I have a 1998 Toyota Camry with an intermittent problem that’s existed for over three years. My local dealer has checked the car out and found nothing wrong. Of course, the problem doesn’t occur...
11
11

Need feedback on new car purchase
Okay, through e-mail and phone, sales is giving me invoice for the car itself, and of course there are the unavoidables like sales tax, title charges and destination charge, but what bugs me are the...
20
20

Latest GPS - Features of S90i GPS
The S90i is one of the latest Global Positioning Systems and has many great features...