Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carb decision
It kinda looks like I'm not going to find a 600/650cfm carb for my 305 build ... so I'm faced with deciding which of the 2 carburetors I have on hand is going to be the best choice . I have a 750...
2
2

Caster alignment check
You can measure caster with a magnetic bubble gauge. But how do you measure caster in your garage?

Tired of home made alignment turn plates
I'm tired of the greased linoleum slipsliding alignment turn plates. Googling finds lots for sale. All different types. Wide cost range. are the most critical things to look for other than twenty...

Flat tappet cam lube
In particular , for initial break-in . I've been reading up on the proper lubes for initial run-in , and most recommend a lube - and motor oil additive - with a lot of zinc . Others recommend moly for...
4
4

Who sells good toe plates?
Who sells toe plates you trust? Longacre, Vevor, Pack-N-Roll. They all look diferent. You have to have used them to be able to tell if they're good or not. High Functionality: High-performance wheel...

GM 700R4 question
I'm having a shop do some upgrades to the trans in my truck - this is not the original, came from a van . The converter lockup solenoid has a problem , either a shorted coil or grounded supply wire...
1
1

measure camber at home
Any suggestions for a good, but not too expensive measuring tool and 15 to 17 inch adjustable wheel jig for checking camber at home that you know of? I know there is an "egyptian" way (plumb bobs,...
1
1

A Fight Over the Right to Repair Cars Turns Ugly
In the wake of a voter-approved law, Subaru and Kia dealers in Massachusetts have disabled systems that allow remote starts and send maintenance alerts. .... .... .... For Siegel, the controversy...
20
20

Alternator at 20 volts
97 Mercury Grand Marqis Alternator is under 6 months old. Shop had said the regulator was inside it. Last night when it started, the dash lights wouldn't go on (but they still work when it's on...
4
4

car battery cable whiteish corrosion
Adjustable automotive battery cable clamps get that white stuff on them. my generator, I have removable clamps so that I can swap and recharge batteries outside of the generator making all that noise...
33
33

avoid used cars with lowered springs and low profile tyres?
My cousin works in muffler shop and says don't touch one of these, as they get a few in the workshop with damaged exhaust. Probably because the driver was a dickhead. He further claims that the harsh...
2
2

Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way
Why cagers turning left are the most dangerous to bikers A police pursuit of a motorcycle driver came to an end with a horrific crash at an intersection in West Hills. A police pursuit of a motorcycle...
4
4

5L40E transmission in a Range Rover
Fuck me, what genius put a light-duty gearbox in the Range Rover? They crapped out in Cadillacs and Holdens, which are 400 kg lighter. And they are not cheap to rebuild. Fucken junk, only good for a...
4
4

Car won't start...
Aforementioned 1968 Ford Galaxie 302 engine won't start. It cranks over just fine, but won't try to catch or even "pop off" just once. Seems exactly like a no-spark condition. It's been a wet day, so...
4
4

What have you learned in your old age that you feel should be taught to high school students?
What have you learned in your old age about car and home repair that you feel should perhaps be taught to high school students?
242
242