Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

jeep grand cherokee automatic gearbox
can a jeep grand cherokee 3.1 turbo diesel automatic gearbox fit into a jeep grand cherokee 4.7 v8 petrol ?direct swop or are there mods
1
1

Tranny question I have been meaning to ask
I have always heard once an automatic gets a certain amount of miles on it, it is NOT a good idea to change the fluid. I keep hearing stories of peopl e with 100,000 miles on their tranny and getting...
3
3

More flying car dreams
bob
2
2

2005 F-150 reliability
It looks as if I may look for a new vehicle. My 1996 silverado with 356,000 miles is tired. I am looking at this: To be honest, I am tired of working on stuff. I know this truck with the 5. 4 has...
7
7

Random multiple culinder misfire
I have a 96 silverado. Truck is bucking and shaking and I have a code for a multiple cylinder misfire. I am not sure but when starting I think I smell gas. December I replaced spider injectors, new...
14
14

GM by NIssan
bob
1
1

The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed
A recent thread in a.h.r blamed the government for "ruining" the portable gasoline container: TITLE: The government ruined the gas can... URL: Personally, I feel manufacturers ruined the gasoline can,...
120
120

How to beat a photo enforced speeding ticket (or red light ticket)
I drive slow, sometimes too slow. One time when I wa s in Florida, driving from Panama City to Pensacola on Highway 98, I got pu lled over for driving too slow. The Deputy told me to speed it up...
2
2

Importing a grey market vehicle to become easier if Ford gets their way?
Unfortunately it seems that Ford is simply asking that the US consider UN/ECE compliant vehicles to be approved to be registered in the US and vice versa, not that there be a push to harmonize FMVSS's...
7
7

Brasil cars, shiny death traps.
Google,,, Cars manufactured in Brasil are shiny death traps
18
18

2003 Impala - Update (Sound Detection and other BS)
After 2 months and about 5k miles it's all good, except for one thing. A whining noise has developed, most noticeable at idle.. Wife "complained" about it, and my son told her it wasn't serious. He...
1
1

Bring back the Chevelle?
whos knows whats up GM's sleve. whats next? bring back the big block? Maybe the CHevette? ;) bob
4
4

How bad is it, in the grand scheme of things, to install a directional tire the wrong way?
Question in subject line... reason for asking is this. My car did not come from the factory with a spare tire nor any tools to change it. The factory tires are run-flats, but they're expensive, wear...
48
48

This Sound Camera Could Help You Fix Your Car
5
5

Crate motors and trannies for your street rod
Maybe not cheap, but makes it simple for a transplant. bob