'01 Camry Sunroof

Can anyone tell me where the adjustments are on the sunroof of this vehicle? The repair manual I have doesn't even address a sunroof.

Mine is bound up and will not go in either direction. The motor still works. I can hear it.

TIA CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Charles,

Working on the sunroof is probably going to be a major PITA. Most likely, the drive mechanism between the panel and motor is disconnected, stripped, or broken. The adjustments that are easy basically adjust height and left-right alignment. To get at these adjustments, remove the trim from the left and right side of the glass panel. Another thing you can try is to pop the trim off of the center switch and try turning the screw manually. Of course, this is just an emergency deal to close the roof if it is open.

If the Camry is like the Avalon, to get at the actual drive track, you have to remove both front seats and the trim covering the A, B, and C pillars, passenger assist grips, and anything else up there and drop the headliner.

Reply to
Ray O

Did you have to cut the tree out of the car? ;)

Reply to
hachiroku