1998 Camry - Wiper motor location

Can someone please tell me the location of the wiper motor in my 1998 camry?

Thanks.

-Rav

Reply to
rajwal

Under the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks. Do you also know the procedure to remove the plastic cowl to access the motor? I am still waiting for my service manual to arrive from Amazon. Any help in the meantime will be appreciated.

-Rav

Reply to
rajwal

Yeah. You'll need to take the wiper arms off with a 14mm socket (I think, maybe 12). Then the only other thing holding on the cowl is the rubber strip that seals the rear of the hood when it is closed. Pop out the clips holding that strip on, and the cowl will come off in two pieces. Oh, and there may be one or two little pop rivets on the left and right side of the cowl as well.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks very much qslim. Exactly as you mentioned. You saved me CAN $120 in labour costs. God bless you.

I opened the old motor control module and disappointed with the construction of the breaker mechanism. Designed to fail after certain number of cycles.

I will rework the old unit and post the modification procedure here so that any one interested and equipped can repair the motor control module easily without having to buy a new motor assembly.

-Rav

Reply to
rajwal