2000 Sienna brakes

2000 Sienna brakes: does this car have ticklers on the brakes so that you can hear when the brakes need to be replaced?
Reply to
Jack

I do not know if the Sienna has wear indicators or not. The wear indicators are part of the brake pad so even if the original pads had wear indicators, if aftermarket pads were installed, they may not.

Even if the vehicle has wear indicators, it is not a good idea to rely on wear indicators to tell if you need brake pad replacement because the indicators are only on the inner pads, and if the brakes wear unevenly or the slide gets stuck, then you may never hear the squeal. The best way to check brake pad wear is to visually inspect them.

On the other hand, if you are hearing the squeal from the wear indicators, it is a good idea to have them checked out.

Reply to
Ray O

It's been a while since I replaced OEM brake pads...well, actually, not. My Mom's Camry had OEM pads in it, and I think it had wear indicators on both pads.

I know when you get AM pads from CarQuest it has a wear indicator on both pads.

Reply to
Hachiroku