2007 camry

Anyone know if 1) this car can safely fit two small children in the back seat and 2) if it is equipped with side air bags? Thanks

Reply to
slatt333

1) Yes. 2) the driver and front passenger seats have seat-mounted side air bags, plus there is a front and rear side curtain airbag as standard equipment.
Reply to
Ray O

And let's not forget the driver knee bag, also standard on the '07 Camry.

The side air bags were NOT standard on the '06 Camrys--neither were the telescoping steering wheel, the 16-inch wheels, or the tire pressure monitor. So you get all kinds of new goodies with the '07--EXCEPT a good transmission ;-)

Quote from Edmunds.com, where you can find a whole lot more: "Every ['07] Camry comes with seven airbags (dual-stage front airbags, front-seat side and full-length side curtain airbags and a driver knee airbag)..."

Reply to
Built_Well

Unless you want a 6 cyl and bought it in early March.

Reply to
PAUL

What is wrong with the transmission? Was there a recall or something? What is going on here? I do want a 6 cyl, but I can't buy it in March..(mr. happy:)

Reply to
slatt333

Please let me toot my own horn and say I was the first in this newsgroup to report issues surrounding the new V6 Camry's transmission.

In January, two months before the '07 V6 first appeared on dealer lots, yours truly mentioned:

One of Toyota's engineers had this to say about the new

6-speed automatic transmission that comes with the six-cylinder '07 Camry:

"The old five-speed automatic transmission was much more expensive than the new six-speed automatic. The new transmission has 20 percent fewer parts and reduced weight. I don't know how much less it costs to build, but from the start of development, engineering was working to reduce parts and increase performance."

Slatt333, if you'd like to read more, here is a link to that 4-month old thread:

By the way, I shouldn't say the new tranny is bad, just that it is unproven and seems not to be as good as the tranny it's replacing. Still, would you rather have a Toyota tranz or some other company's? I know I vote Toyota.

Reply to
Built_Well

Actually now that I own 2 Honda's and pay attention to the Honda group, apparently Honda AT's are a pretty bad weak spot.

Art

This applies mostly to V6 models. In fact, it was worse from about '98 to '02, but at least Honda worked (and probably is still working) to fix that and other issues that come up, just like Toyota does. Again, you are less likely to see a big 3 company do that.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit