2007 Matri, 4 Cylinder Rav4, or 4 Cylinder Camry

I need a new car for the new baby. Which one should I get for all the stuff I'll need to haul around. I'm 6'2" babies mom is 5'7". Any thoughts?

Reply to
wadner

Most parents wait until their children are old enough to drive before buying them a new car, that way, the car won't necessarily have to be 16 years old.

If you are going to drive the car before the babies do, I suggest going for a test drive to see how comfortable you are, and taking a look at the luggage areas to see if they have enough room for what you haul around. A Corolla was plenty large for what we used to bring.

Reply to
Ray O

I have the RAV4 and it works great for a family of 4.

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

I have a Pontiac Vibe (Matrix). I'm 6ft. Wife is 5-10, two boys 6-1 and

5-9 (he's only 14). We are comfortable in it for short trips (1 hr or less)Enough room on back to haul Christmas presents to grandma's. I love the car, it's the best new car I ever bought.
Reply to
John Karpich

What about for long trips?

John Karpich wrote:

Reply to
wadner

The long trips have all been solo, so I can't vouch for the others comfort. There are two things that I would change. The steering wheel is too small, and there are no arm rests on either left or right side for your elbows, so you have to keep both hands on the wheel. This gets real stale fast. There are lots of tie down points in the back for car seats, and when I fold down the back seat and the front passenger seat I can carry a coffin (not that I have... but I could !)

Reply to
John Karpich