Latest threads in General Toyota Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What's this odd buzzer on '89 Cressida after engine install?
I'm in the final stages of an engine reinstall in my '89 Cressida and hooked up the battery to crank the engine to get some oil pressure built up. As soon as the system was energized, I started...
1
1

Re: OT Witless You lose 500,000!
You haven't gotten a share of me, a Reagan conservative. You and mistaken, yet again, in believing that if someone disagrees with you they're a liberal. It's you who are no conservative. Not a...
3
3

Re: OT Witless You lose 500,000!
The modern, accepted, and correct version: Ps and Qs. Pay up, putz.

Serpentine belt
How common a problem is it for a 2006 Toyota Corolla to have problems with the serpentine belt now working?
1
1

IIHS vs. NHTSA car safety ratings
The ratings for IIHS and NHTSA don't seem to mesh with one another. Does someone know any testing or rating specifics that could account for the discreptancies? For example, * NHTSA rating for the...
15
15

'98 Prizm stumble on acceleration
'98 Prizm, 5spd, 100K. Pretty bad stumble whenever I try to accelerate, regardless of initial speed. Idles fine, Runs fine at speed, throws no codes. Replaced spark plugs, PCV valve, no change....
9
9

OT - Polar bear/husky playing
OT even for the usual OT here - animals, not politics. Someone had sent me stills of this sequence; I Googled & found a video of it - just a little over 2 min. long:
2
2

4runner engine light and traction light on
I have a 4 runner 04 50k. I was driving today and the engine light and the traction light went on, w/o reason. A few weeks ago I had and issue with the tire pression sensor, I took the car to the...
1
1

An Interesting Link
FJ28s:
1
1

Do you need to flush?
Interesting:
7
7

Air Conditioner problem on 91 corolla
Hi my 91 corolla hove some problems. When the engine is travelling at 2.5-3k rpm the air con is much cooler. However while idling at 1.2k the it is not cooling at all. I've measured using a pressure...
4
4

OT: 99 years in a row.
The Cubs don't win the World Series. Right now it looks like they're going to lose the NDLS in 3 straight! (Middle of the 3d inning. Dbacks 2, Cubs 0) Charles of Schaumburg. (Actually a Cardinals fan,...
10
10

CoastalETech Is Not Responsive
*Beware* of ordering from are not responsive to my emails. I had to threaten to cancel my order before they sent it. Their website is so poorly organized that I ended up ordering the wrong Lockpick....
2
2

Toyota unintended acceleration recall
Looks like the problem is with the floor mats that may span different models. "One driver told the agency the vehicle had hit speeds of 100 m.p.h. over a 6-mile stretch of freeway due to the problem....
7
7

1991 Cressida Timing
I have a 91 Toyota Cressida that I'm replacing the timing belt on. But I cant find any timing marks to line up. Can someone please tell me how to set the timing on this 24 valve Dual Cam beast? Are...
3
3