30000 mile service

Went to Middletown Toyota (CT) for the 30K mile service on an Echo. Hate to spend the $ but I have a 100K extended waranty so sometimes you have to document the bigger stuff.. So I did the low end stuff myself (filters, oil, ect) and when I went to pick the car up, the service writer told me I didn't need plugs (iridium) or coolant (long-life) until 100K miles. Another local dealer was giong to hit me for everything. Nice to find an honest service dept. Mark S.

Reply to
Mark Schofield

Uh, right down the street from you in Deep River, also an !e-cho! driver. I believe the service schedule specifically states "plugs for the Echo" @ 30K miles to maintain emissions warranty. I hope you got "in writing" the statement "you don't need plugs"

Coolant should also be changed according to the service guide. Do you feel comfortable extending the manufacturers coolant change interval recommendation by over THREE times? Sounds dodgy.

Of course, I am working on 10K miles oil changes.

-T

Reply to
Another Tom

Reply to