96 Tacoma headlight replacement

I am trying to replace the headlights in my toyota. I can not figure this out! It looks like the entire grill has to come off. Can anyone shed some "light" on this subject?

Reply to
patnov8tiv

Are you replacing the headlight assembly or just the bulbs?

If you are just replacing the bulbs, they should twist out from behind the headlight assembly. The owner's manual should show how to do this.

Reply to
Ray O

The bulbs are changed from inside the engine bay.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It is not just the buld but the entire headlight. I know that the next year model this changed.

Reply to
patnov8tiv

This site has online service manuals. Not free, but you can buy a day's worth of access for ten bucks or less, if I recall.

JoeSpareBedroom