Avalon problem

New intermittent problem with my 2001 Avalon. The key gets stuck once in a while on the way into the ignition switch. End up with just the tip of the key stuck in the lock at an angle. Perhaps it is me not getting the key in perfectly straight every time but I've been starting cars for 30 years without problems so I was wondering if anyone else been having this wierd problem and is it the key or is it the ignition lock. Thanks.

Reply to
Art

First, make sure that the key is not bent or chipped and that you cannot see anything in the key slot. Then, try spraying a little LockEase or other lock lubricant into the key hole.

Reply to
Ray O

Don't listen to this fella, he's a sad sack type. Nothing goes right for him.

Reply to
tz

Uncharitable response: doesn't play well with others...

;)

Reply to
hachiroku

I only have this problem with my older Toys; the key gets worn and gets sloppy. Surprising it happens with a newer one...

Reply to
hachiroku

I'm assuming you tried your spare key and you're having the same problem ? -Dana

Reply to
Dana

He has a hatred for Toyotas and President Bush. He may have some other hatreds that we don't know about.

Reply to
tz

Art, you are much older than you back 30 years ago, vision is gone etc. I suspect your just not getting it squared

Reply to
Liberals=Minority Party

Aw, that's OK. I didn't like Clinton, and I'm sure he holds it against me.

I don't think he HATES Toyotas; I think he may have gotten a bad one and came here seeking advice and found the group staffed with NeoCons. A Double Whammy!

But he DID give me some Ace advice for my LHS whaich i greatly appreciated. We have more or less agreed to disagree and let it go at that...

Reply to
hachiroku

Thanks.

Reply to
Art

"He has a hatred for Toyotas and President Bush. He may have some other hatreds that we don't know about."

I wonder if President Bush likes Toyotas? Naa... probably not, he's from Tay-ex-us, where the common, unspoken sentiment among truck owners is if it ain't 'Merican, it's probably commie. Example: the Nissan Titan, which has received raves and awards, has yet to muster much more than a scratch on total nationwide sales.

Reply to
P2P Xtasy

You're welcome. Let us know if it works.

Reply to
Ray O