Brake noise in 2005 Rav 4

Love this car (the wife drives it) but it started making this really disturbing grinding noise when it stops. It comes from the front and you would think it was metal to metal but its not. The rotors look like new and the pads still have about 70% left. Anyone encountered this? Any ideas? I know from past experience with a Nissan Sentra that if I installed new pads that weren't from the dealer I had big problems.

TIA, Frank

(We bought it used and it was fine for about 3 months).

Reply to
F.H.

You might have semi metallic pads ?

Mr. Austerity

Have you checked all the pads (inner and outer)? A warning clip may be distorted. There also might be a rock pebble that is caught somewhere, I've had that between the shield and rotor, had to bend the shield a little to get it out.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn