Grinding noise corolla new brake pads

Hello, I had my 1998 corolla's brake pads replaced. Now my brakes make grinding noise. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thanks, Fanzi.

Reply to
humbleFunGuy

Well, it could be that the pads are worn out...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

My guess is that aftermarket brake pads were installed.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes. I think after market brake pads were installed. Is this normal? Noise is really loud. Pads were installed just yesterday.

Thanks, fanzi

Reply to
humbleFunGuy

Oh! yesterday!...you didn't say...couda been 5 or 6 years ago, you need to give more info when you post sir...take it back and complain...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I wouldn't say that noise from aftermarket brake pads is "normal" but it is common. That is one of the reasons why I always recommend OEM brake pads for everyday use.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Wolfgang