Bumper cover removal 98 camry

I have a 98 camry that needs the bumper cover replaced and i'm gonna do it myself.I was just wondering what tool do I need to take the bumper off? I have located all the screws I believe,but it was just a quick check and i'm not sure what i would use to unbolt them.

Thanks

Reply to
98camry98

Toyota bumper covers are generally as easy to remove as they appear to be. There is a bunch of bolts holding the skin on. I believe that a 10 mm socket will fit.

Reply to
Ray O

You didn't say what damage was but the plastic covers can be repaired. Its worth investigating before you install an aftermarket one that doesn't fit properly. I'd disconnect the battery while doing it incase you triger the air bag sensor! Trial fit the new one and then have it primed and painted with paint that has a flex additive. Most likely it has a foan absorber behind it hat will have to be replaced too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I wouldn't worry about triggering an air bag sensor unless you intend to pound on the front of the bumper with a board or sledge hammer. There are 3 air bag sensors, and at least 2 out of the 3 must detect a crash simultaneously before the air bag deploys.

Reply to
Ray O