Electronic problem

I have a very old camery'91. Two days ago I washed the engine compartment using tap water while the car was warm after running. Only the battery was covered by plastic bags. Now I have some electronic problems. The charging and brake signals are always on the meter panel. It looks there is indeed charging problem because the car could be started only by boost. I do not know what the brake signal does since no any brake was engaged.

Any comments for what may have been damaged ? Thank you for any help in advance.

Ron

Reply to
news

You probably soaked the alternator, or dislodged some wiring. Make sure the wiring to the alternator is tight, as is the wire coming out of the brake master cylinder. Make sure that the cover on the master cylinder is on tightly. If it is loose, the brake fluid is probably contaminated and will need to be changed ASAP. If the alternator is wet, you can try blowing it dry with a hair drier on low heat setting.

Reply to
Ray O