ESTIMA- need help re light on dashboard

Hello, I live in New Zealand and drive a 1994 Toyota Estima. I do not have a handbook for this vehicle. I have a slight problem as I intermittantly have a faint light that comes on on the dash board and I do not know what it is. It is the third "icon" on the left and looks like a radiator symbol, however, I have checked the water and the vehicle is not over heating.

Any advice would be really appreciated, as I don;t want to feel stupid going to a garage is it is something I can sort. Thanks guys

Gill

Reply to
Robert Meek

First of all, you should not have plain water in the cooling system. You should have the proper mix of anti-freeze and water (coolant).

Did you check the level in the radiator or in the overflow bottle? With the engine cold, you should check both. The coolant should be up to the bottom of the radiator neck and at least to the "cold" mark in the overflow bottle.

If the coolant level is correct, the coolant level sender in the overflow bottle may be hanging up or going bad.

Reply to
Ray O

Hello

Robert,

The Estima also has a common problem with the level switch on the filler bottle. I indeed had the same problem, changed the switch and presto! job done. This is definately one to check in the grand scheme of things as it could actually be anything. You have obviously heard of the overheating problems with these vehicles? tread with care..

Gaz

Robert Meek wrote:

Reply to
gaz