FJ Cruiser

Has anybody here driven (or purchased) an FJ Cruiser yet? I saw one up close for the first time this afternoon, parked in downtown Santa Cruz. It was the third FJ I'd seen, and the first one I'd seen that was painted in traditional Land Cruiser light blue with a white top.

I have no particular need for a vehicle of that sort, but there's something about the FJ that makes me smile. As with the Honda Element and the Hummer H2 in their respective days, when I see an FJ, it's hard to stop looking at it.

It was a good day for car fans around here. There was also a huge "woody" show on the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf today. What a feast for the eyes that was...

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

If they do a drop, or removable top, it'll end 15+ years of Jeep Wrangler ownership at my place!

Lemmie see... I can have much of the running gear, thoughtul engineering, and dependability of my Tacoma, in a Wrangler like body? Tough choice, NOT! I'm used to Jeeps that take 35-45k to sort out the manufacturing defects (with aftermarket replacements) before they're right.

Besides, one of the things I've always liked about Wrangers (other than the top), the 4.0 I6 engine (durable and extremely easy to service), ends in 2006, to be replaced with the 3.7L V6 from the Liberty.

I also hope the aftermarket gets on the FJ like they have the Wrangler and Tacoma.

Reply to
Bonehenge

I test drove both the Manual and the Auto this weekend. Bought the Auto in Black Cherry - it should be here in 4-6 weeks. I'm totally PSYCHED!

Geoff Miller wrote:

Reply to
chixfly2

My co-worker has the yellow one. He loves it. You can't drive 10 miles in the Atlanta area without seeing every color, very popular apparently. The Toyota dealership near my home has 3 yellow ones at their front door.

Reply to
Road Rage