Gear /clutch problems ’89 2LT Landcruiser

Hi I am new to all this. However, I recently bought an F reg Landcruiser. In the last couple of days it has become extremely difficult to change gear.

I have topped up the clutch fluid, but the issue is still there.

Please can anyone tell me what the likely problem is, what caused it and importantly, i can i fix it cheaply, if at all??

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
Mactracs

air in system, fault in clutch or mechanism or spigot bearing, loose gearbox to engine.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"Mactracs" wrote: > Hi I am new to all this. However, I recently bought an F reg > Landcruiser. In the last couple of days it has become > extremely difficult to change gear. > > I have topped up the clutch fluid, but the issue is still > there. > > Please can anyone tell me what the likely problem is, what > caused it and importantly, i can i fix it cheaply, if at all?? > > Thanks, > Adam

Thanks for the tips Mr Cheerful. At least i can try and have a semi meaningful conversation with a mechanic now

Reply to
Mactracs