Had my hubcaps stolen today

Try

. A while back I needed simulated wire wheel covers for my Mom's old Ford wagon. I ordered the replacement from hub cap annie. They were less than half the price of Ford. When the cover came, it was new, in a ford box. I also ordered a wheel fromo them and got good results.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Try

. A while back I needed simulated wire wheel covers for my Mom's old Ford wagon. I ordered the replacement from hub cap annie. They were less than half the price of Ford. When the cover came, it was new, in a ford box. I also ordered a wheel fromo them and got good results.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

To make you want to buy new ones. You didn't know that? Same reason paint peels or fades. Same reason headliners sag.

Be unique. Encourage it. Soon everyone will want it.

Reply to
The Real Bev

The only car company that seemed to survive that far, was Audi, however, and I still haven't forgiven them for all the electrical problems they had in the '80's.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Common belief is that judy resides somewhere near Littleton, CO,

Doing reverse lookups on the NNTP-Posting host contained in it's messages, at least the ones I've looked at, indicate that it is somewhere in NE Colorado, if memory serves. Some times resolution is Denver, sometimes elsewhere, but always close and in Colorado.

Reply to
Xeton2001IsAMoron.20.dwpj65

Actually, that sounds pretty cool!!!

What you probably ran into was a Clear Powder Coat. It can be removed by sandblasting, but then you are in for a LOT of work! Here is a link for refinishing Fiero wheels, but can be applied to any aluminum wheel. I had my Corolla GTS boosted 11 years ago, they stole my gold anodized factory wheels. I found some similar wheels on a Celica in a junkyard. I followed this to the letter and they look like chrome! I am going to have them gold anodized again; the anodizing process dulls the finish somewhat, so I made tham as polished as I could.

Here's a link:

It is a LOT of work; about 3-4 hours per wheel, but when you get done they look absolutely GREAT! I would then have them powder coated again. In my case, anodizing will put a hard finish about 2 mm deep, so they don't need powder coating. I sanded them by HAND, if I used some kind of sander for the first sanding steps I could probably cut about an hour off the time. I have 2 more to do (I only started this project 2 years ago...) I also sanded the machining marks right off, right down to a smooth finish.

Reply to
hachiroku

That's *great*

Reply to
TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantM

I helped a friend work for two hours trying to get his Audi started after a meeting. Turns out one of the fuses wasn't making the right contact. We changed batteries, tried to jump it, etc. Until I noticed the fuse in the engine compartment that wasn't turned like the others, we were going crazy tring to figure what was wrong and what to try next.

He sold it not too long after that and got a better car.

Only Innies Buy Audis.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Innies?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Not sure how to spell it. I thought the plural of innie was innies.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

I think he means females.

patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Right! Isn't the plural of Ninny Ninnies?

Reply to
hachiroku

Four eyes! ;)

That's one of the neatest ones I've ever seen!

Reply to
hachiroku

or Guys that are castrated either emotionally or physically by their girlfriends

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

You do know about this one, right? Go to Google, type in {french military victories} and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

LMAO!

Reply to
Ray O

Perhaps that explains some things...

Reply to
Billy Ray

The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-Man elite fighting unit called the U.S. REDNECK SPECIAL FORCES (USRSF).

These North & South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Tennessee boys will be dropped into Iraq and will have been given only the following facts about the Terrorists:

  1. The season opened today.

  1. There is no limit.

  2. They taste just like chicken.

  1. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.

  2. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Not unless you're gay...

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

If they only knew that I use my right hand to wipe my ass ...

Stupid bastards.

How does one wash one hand?

Reply to
J Strickland