Had my hubcaps stolen today

That name has morfed to what police call truck drivers today ;)

mike hunt

hachiroku wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

Oops ya I did mix'em up.

local kids who go shroomin in cow pastures sometimes get hit in the ass, lol. They say it doesn't stop burning for a while, but I imagine it would definately take yer eye out. I suppose a warning shot would make them turn around and run so you get a good shot at their butts

Reply to
Troy

My dad says back in the day they used to hook up a model A or T or something's coil to the body of their cars somehow, back when doorhandles were metal. Said if someone grabbed them they'd get a real bad shock. Bill do you know anything about this?

Troy

Reply to
Troy

You can still get 10 gauge shotgun shells. You can still get reloading equipment so you can "roll your own". The 10 gauge with a goose load hurts on both ends. It is not a shotgun for wimps. I sold my 10 gauge when I no longer had time to go to the Eastern Shore.

Reply to
ma_twain

Nah, they would just steal you better looking alloy wheels with the tires. I believe that cost a whole lot more than an plastic hubcap. You can get a set of four for $24 from tirerack. You can even get a set with a teddy bear embossed in the middle :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

Can we assume your degree is not in Electrical engineering? ;)

mike hunt

Troy wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

Granddad gave his away when he didn't use it much any more. I think he gave it to Uncle Dick. He's gone now, too.

Reply to
n5hsr

My grandparents had 10 kids and none of them ever got in trouble with the law. They were onery and full of it, but they were all good citizens as adults. There were guns all over that house, shotguns, rifles, handguns. The only 'gun crime' the kids ever commited was shooting a coyote once that had Grandad trapped on an oil storage tank. (He had gone up without carrying his .38, didn't think he needed it. That part of Illinois was still pretty wild in those days, and sparsely settled.)

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Because somewhere, sometime in the past, a person driving a Misubishi Galant hit a pot-hole and the hubcap was lost. That person was too cheap to buy a replacement cap so instead stole it from a neighbour's car. This started off a chain reaction of Galant hubcap thefts, whose flamefront passed your car today.

Careful choice of aftermarket hubcap can see up to a 20% improvement in mid-range torque. The blue LED hubcaps are recommended.

Reply to
ShazWozza

LOL....

Reply to
Hachiroku

Why ya busting kids looking for Aminita? Let 'em have some fun!

Used to be a pizza place in Atlanta that would put ANYTHING you wanted on your pizza, long as you brought it in (hint...it was called the Magic Mushroom, their matchbooks had a mushroom leaning back, one hand behind it's 'head', and a joint in the other...

But, COOKING the mushrooms seems to have an effect on them, and they aren't as good as if you just clean them and eat them raw...

O_O

Reply to
Hachiroku

Really??? I thought it was Toronto, Canada.

Reply to
thomas

I saw a coyote that lost a race with an 18 wheeler on the highway yesterday. First one I've seen in a LONG time.

Problem was, it was way far away from where I saw the last one 20 years ago. Last time it was where it should have been. THis one was too close to a 'population center' for comfort...

Reply to
hachiroku

Now you know why people steal hubcaps.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Did you know that your alloy wheels also have hubcaps?

Apparently not. ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Yes, I know. But no one seems to collect those, and I have never lost one from hitting a curb, etc (unlike full size hubcaps). Even if I ever did loose one, the OEM ones for alloy wheels are a lot cheaper than the full size hubcaps that are put on steel wheels.

Reply to
Mark A

Some s*****ad stole my mom's Caddy "wheel covers" (complete with locks) right out of her carport. A different s*****ad stole my bicycle (AND my tools AND my emergency $5 bill). It's clearly irrational, but deep down in my heart I have no problem at all with capital punishment for thieves.

A few months ago I heard a commercial: "Can't afford new wheels? RENT the wheels you deserve!" The world is getting sicker every day.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Heh heh - yeah, instead you get curb rash on your expensive alloy rims, which cost even more to replace than hubcaps. :)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

I am not overly picky about scratches on my alloy wheels. It does help if one gets alloys with a matte finish, instead of a highly polished finish.

Reply to
Mark A

I don't know about thieves, but I do favor the death penalty for selling polycarb on high power lenses.

Reply to
Mark A