Re: Just Put Nokian WR Tires On New Yaris

> I just bought a new 2007 Yaris hatchback and love everything about this > car. I ordered it with the 15" wheel and tire option which came with > Bridgestone Potenza RE92 tires. After researching this tire on the net, I > found out it really sucks on wet roads and is an accident waiting to > happen in the snow.

I wonder about those 'reviews'. If it was written by a 'customer', you're probably dealing with some kid with a Honda V-TEC or Scion that drives too fast for conditions. The ONLY complaints I hear about the Potenzas come from kids that spin the wheels off their cars.

I have 2 year old RE92s on my Scion, and they are great on dry pavement, and I have not had any trouble in the rain. I have a 2.4L engine producing

165HP and have yet to 'loosen' the tires. Considering the Yaris is, IIRC a 1.5 L 112 HP engine, I doubt you'll have a lot of trouble with the tires.

Too bad they're not 16"...I'd buy your 'used' tires.

I certainly would not recommend them in snow...

Reply to
Hachiroku