matrx

anybody have anything to say about them?

Reply to
eric

I had one, liked it, my knees could not take the clutch, but I was grateful it let me drive?

Reply to
doc

I have a Pontiac Vibe which is that same car but comes standard with a roof rack and fog lights. Love it. It's the best car I've owned. . had it for just a year

The only thhing I would change is the steering wheel is is too far away, and there is nothing to rest your elbows on (left or right side) so you have to have both hands on the wheel (hey, maybe it was designed that way !)

John

Reply to
John Karpich

I noticed this too! It is almost uncomfortable driving the car!

I think there was some research done on truckers that found that making them TOO comfortable made them too complacent and lackadasical about their driving habits, so there were some changes made to make the driving position a little less comfortable.

I wonder if this is the reasoning behind having that tiny wheel so far away from you!?

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's basically a Corolla with a hatch. High roofline, and upright seating, so it's easy to get in and out of. It's got an efficient 4-cyl VVTi engine, with plenty of aftermarket upgrades if you want it. It has a long wheelbase, so you want to watch out for steep declines that connect to a flat street. My Matrix has a chin spoiler that hangs too low to the ground so the rare times when I go from a steep decline to a flat street it rubs against the pavement. However, don't let that stop you. It's a very versatile car and I can fit a big TV in the back when I fold the back seats down.

Reply to
none

They have a Bright Yellow XRs at my local dealer that makes me wish I hadn't bought my Scion tC.

Almost...

Reply to
Hachiroku