No more Avalon - Merry Christmas to me

But apparently not many buyers agree with you. Dodge sells at least five Caravans for every van Toyota sells.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Caravans are like Mexicans. They make lots of 'em and they'll make more!

It's like the days when JB Hunt used to buy only International cabovers. JB bought them because they were the cheapest deal. But with the fleet expanding, the USED market became flooded with the "turn-ins." This came to mean International had to lower their guarnateed turn-in value. Hunt saw the writing on the wall and started buying conventional tractors from Freightliner.

Reply to
Philip

I'll be sad to see you go to another forum now. I kind of enjoyed your whining and bitching. It reinforced the typical liberal description. I guess we will have to put up with the angry liberals for now.

Reply to
badgolferman

Perhaps but Dodge has been selling more minivans than anyone else ever since Chrysler invented the minivan thirty some years ago. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Just like Lays potato chips. So quantity now means quality? I think not.

Reply to
Philip

You mean like the Camry being the number one selling car in the US LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Well, that would work if the Origin sticker said Chinese Content: 75%, but it doesn't. It says US content: 75%

Reply to
Hachiroku

You are kidding, right? Toyota has had the HiAce since the mid 60's. Nissan had one, too. They looked pretty 'mini' to me.

Oh, even Subaru had one for a while. And Mitsubishi. And Dihatsu.

I saw my first HiAce in 1974, When did Chrysler 'invent' the mini-van, again?

Reply to
Hachiroku

My wife just bought a Accord Hybrid. Made in Japan but only 15% Japanese parts.

Reply to
Art

When I joined this group I was the only moderate here against all you crazy right wingers. Now you have some crazy left wingers to deal with. My job is done here.

Reply to
Art

Pray tell who the crazy left-wingers are?

Reply to
badgolferman

You perceive yourself as a moderate, but based on many of your past posting you turn out to be a left winger, a radical one at that. Good by Art. I hope you enjoy your Honda.

Reply to
The benevolent dbu

You have a "job?" What will your crazy left winger comrades do without your leadership ... you daily leftist regurgitation into their gaping little mouths?

Before you go Art ... you never were nor have you become since that time ... a moderate. That fact has been proven too many times.

Reply to
Philip

Well, the fact that he top posts shows that he's none too bright... Even cretins like Sharx don't do that...

Reply to
dizzy

2 things I don't get:
  1. Why IS that? And did the sticker say where the parts were from (HINT: I know it did!)
  2. What are you still DOIHG here, you defector?! (Just kidding..you can stay as long as you want. Hey, I need someone to trade stories about my LHS with!) ;)
Reply to
Hachiroku

There are LOTS of forums out there using software that nearly requires top posting because the header is the first line or less of the reply line.

Reply to
Philip

dizzy is not happy unless he can find something wrong with somebody else. Kind of reminds me of my wife...

Reply to
badgolferman

Yes the sticker says where the parts are from. I think it said the US but wasn't sure so I did not post possibly incorrect info. Ill try to remember to check the sticker next time she lets me touch the car.

Reply to
Art

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I checked nadaguides.com (I fixed your spelling error) and their price for the 2001 Avalon was ridiculously high. According to them, a dealer could sell my car at retail with 21k miles on it for over $20k. I realize that it is very low mileage but only a complete moron would pay $20k for a 2001 Avalon XLS no matter what the condition or mileage. The trade-in value was similarly out of wack. KBB and Edmunds were both lower and more realistic.

Reply to
Art

Art's better half would be WISE to keep Art as far away as practical from her new Honda and for as long as possible. Let's just hope she schedules those SEVERE service oil changes so the thing doens't sludge up. LOL

Reply to
Philip