Off-topic - Hey DBU

You miss my point. For all their crowing about family values, the GOP have violated trust in a sexual capacity way more times than Democrats. At least that's how it seems to me. Over the last four years, especially, the "Family Values" party has had egg on their sanctimonious faces.

Again, I'm Independent

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Family values:

JoeSpareBedroom

Does he have more than one?

Reply to
dbu.'

I think it speaks for itself. If you read something else into it, that's your problem.

Reply to
dbu.'

Well, you haven't produced any examples of "colorful past", so the only logical conclusion is that you have nothing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You dummy! I'm not the one who made a claim he can't back up. :-)

It's time for you to hide from yet another conversation you wish you never started.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I have no mercy for republican scum-bags either. All the politicians on both sides should clean up their members acts by firing the bad apples, get rid of them. Do it now. Confidence of the voters is low. That is shown in polls.

Bush on the other hand has been squeaky clean. The voters have a short memory, I don't, I still see those planes crashing into the WTC. We are at war with radical islamic terrorists. We need a president who is focused on the war with terrorists.

Reply to
dbu.'

I never heard any such thing and I'm not repeating something you say was on TV or radio. You are fantasizing again.

Reply to
dbu.'

You have nothing either.

Reply to
dbu.'

Except for the alcoholic years?

Cathy

The voters have a short

Reply to
Cathy F.

" dbu.'" ,

On that we can agree!

He has skeletons too, especially in his college years. Not saying that's abnormal (he's certainly not the only young person to do stupid things), but I was just commenting on how a party who slams others for not having high, moral, family values, has no room to talk. As far as I know, the Democrats don't preach to us about how *we* should live; at least not sexually. It's that holier-than-thou thing that made the Republicans look even worse than the Democrats, when their own sexual scandals broke.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Is there a picture of this hooker anywhere? I'd like to see what's worth that much money.

Reply to
badgolferman

That would be ANY president at this point. If you don't see that, you're an idiot.

But, we already knew that about you, now didn't we? Ask your wife. She'll tell you, when she gets back from her "tennis lesson".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They're lying. They can't pull the troops out any faster than Bush can.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So you want more liars in the White House? At least you are admitting they are purposely lying to the American people merely for their own political ambitions.

Reply to
badgolferman

I'd prefer that none of them lie, but since that's unlikely, I'll be happy with a liar who's smarter than the current president. Fortunately, all the candidates are qualified that way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But the point remains Obama/Clinton are blatantly lying about their plans for the future of the country. If you admit they lie about their intentions in Iraq then what else are they lying about also? Why should we believe anything they say and what makes them better qualified than the current president? He is the most qualified since he has nearly eight years experience doing the job in the most difficult of circumstances.

At this point I would prefer Eliot Spitzer over those two jokers. At least he has two years experience running a state. None of the current presidential candidates has run a business or a public organization as far as I know.

How the hell did we end up with McCain or Clinton/Obama as the only choices?

Reply to
badgolferman

That nice young man Obama wants to pull the troops out right away so does billary. What the hell you talking about?

Reply to
dbu.'

I separate the lies into two categories:

1) Obvious ones, in which candidates claim they can work miracles. This works on about half the voters, who are stupid or intellectually lazy, like dbu. So, all the candidates will pull this stunt to some extent. May as well ignore it.

2) Lies we can't be totally sure of, like shady connections to businesses which will benefit from someone's election. All the candidates are suspect in this way.

I sometimes think running a business is perfect experience for a presidential candidate, but two things say otherwise:

1) Bush ran two businesses and wrecked both. 2) In Lee Iacocca's book, he says people occasionally poke him about running for president. He says most CEOs would be miserable in the job, though. They're accustomed to making much faster decisions, without having to consult 400 people. This way, they find out much more quickly if their ideas will work or not. They also piss people off because their decisions are usually not democratic.

Huckabee scares even some bible thumpers. I know two who consider him an embarrassment for his "the world's only 6000 years old" nonsense.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

By the way, Iraq will determine what can be done. Not the candidates. However, at this point, we are being used by the Iraqis and SOMEONE. Not sure who yet. So, we do need to move the troops to where they really belong: Afghanistan

JoeSpareBedroom