(OT:) 2 out of 3 geologists agree...

Well, you should. After all, if the corals are destroyed, the only coral reefs you will see on you TV is from the screen saver.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

And, exactly NOW will having NO reefs affect 99.9% of the world's population? That example is yet another one of many strawmen that the leftie envirofanatics trot out to try and scare us into buying into their bullshit.

Reply to
sharx35

Aw, never mind JoeNoBedroom, he's been at it for 6 months and better now. If you say White, he just has to come out and say Black. He's a dyed-in-the-wool Leftard Liberal Loonie.

Reply to
<n5hsr

I'm still not sure either way. But, I have a question for you.

Do you think that what humans add to the atmosphere has an effect which can be described as ZERO, or NONEXISTENT?

Or, can the effect be described as "greater than zero, but not yet known"?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We? Who is "we"? I was addressing hach, not you. PLEASE READ FOR COMPREHENSION. Canada's supposed to have a very high literacy rate. Try and show it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

1) It matters to me. I like scuba diving around reefs. 2) We are only one of millions of species. It matters to the creatures that live around reefs. If you think it's OK to wreck their home, then logically, it's OK for me to wreck yours. What is your home address?
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Insignificant amount....not worth spending BILLIONS on..best to STOP building anything near any ocean.

Reply to
sharx35

My literacy, both verbal and numeric, has been measured to be in the top 3 percentile of the population. Yours?

Reply to
sharx35

Igualmente.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The geologist who said nobody is measuring Earth's orbit or its change needs to talk to some astronomers.

Why were you talking to geologists about climate change instead of to the kinds of scientists who are generally better qualified on the subject?

Reply to
manny

What are your qualifications, other than being able to talk out of your ass?

Reply to
manny

Not to get technical but if one does a seach they will discover the average temperature of the earth has NOT gone up in nearly ten years, it is the same as it was in 1999. Paleo-geoligest laugh at those that say man can cause the earth temperature to change, UP or DOWN.

Don't forget it was these same "man is at fault types," that were telling us fifty year ago that we had to cover glaciers with carbon to make them melt to "stop the world from cooling in the next ten years or we would cause a new ice age" Now it the Presidents "fault." LOL

Mike hunt

Again, I just said this. I don't know how you missed that part. With that said, it does not mean you knowingly poison the earth just because it is a natural process...

Reply to
Mr4701

Here ya go! This chart was posted right on the IPCC's web site, and by me here about 6 months ago, and then used again by someone trying to refute my statements!

Pay close attention: if you look at the chart, temperature *LEADS* CO2!!! How the IPCC can use this chart in a way to try to prove Global Warming is man-made is absolutely ludicrous! It clearly shows temp rises before CO2!!!

This is what happens when you let Politicians decide scientific matters (The IPCC is a political group that relies on scientists, and my guess is they rely on scientists who agree with what the IPCC want so hear...)

message

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nah.

My COMPUTER still works. So who cares?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I have to admit, Sharx, Jeff is correct, and if the reefs die, a LOT of sea creatures die.

But again, I really don't believe man is responsible for a lot of this, and is *surely* not soley responsible, as the 'science' reporter on the BBC would have you believe.

I think it's awful arrogant of Man to believe he has that much of an effect on the planet.

And I also suspect that the scientists blowing the Global Warming alarm KNOW that it's not man-made, but want humans to feel bad and stop doing a lotof what we're doing, merely because a lot of these 'scientists' are really eco-k00ks who think man should be banished from the Universe...

Reply to
Hachiroku

How do you know? Here in Mass, you have to have an envirogroup (not even affiliated with the government; more a group of 'concerned citizens') come in and examine your lot to make sure there aren't any rare species living there...like the species of salamander that rendered a piece of land I had on the Connecticut River virtually useless...a property that should have sold for $125,000 sold for a mere $25,000 because of this...

I think I'll head up there with a sledge hammer and flatten as many of the slimy bastards as I can...

Reply to
Hachiroku

HUH?!?!?!

Please read what you just wrote, and alter as required...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Of course. But not as hot in the Northern Hemisphere.

Thanks. I think I learned that in 5th grade, IIRC. The thing you missed here is:

If the Earth is closest to the Sun in January, why does it take to July for the temperature to peak?

Don't be condescending with me, Pal. You know what I meant. If you can't answer the query, say nothing. Remember, it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all coubt.

Reply to
Hachiroku

HUH?!?!

Geologists study more than just 'rocks'! Some specialize in astroGeology, some in hydraulics, some in tectonics, some in vulcanism, some in meteorology.

Saying a Geologists studies 'rocks' is like saying all cars use reciprocating piston engines.

Reply to
Hachiroku