(OT:) 2 out of 3 geologists agree...

Not really. I had quite interesting discussions with each of them.

See, they realized quite early on in the conversations that they were talking with someone who knew what he was talking about.

Something people with agendas just don't seem to realize...

Reply to
Hachiroku

What are your qualifications, other than being an apparent lover of AlGoreSoreLoserMan?

Reply to
<n5hsr

The reason it takes until July to get warm up here is because, although we're closer to the sun, we get less sunlight in the Northern Hemisphere. As a matter of fact on December 23d, nothing above the Arctic Circle gets any sunlight at all. In order to warm something up, you have to INPUT energy.

Look at Mercury. It's only about a third of the distance from the sun that we are but the dark side never gets any sunlight and I presume it's pretty cold. And look how cold the dark side of the moon gets. The side in the sunshine is above the temperature of boiling water. The dark side gets down to -200 F in the 14 days it's in the dark.

DUH.

Reply to
<n5hsr

So? Probably less than .1% will ever actually SEE coral reefs, for real. We can't even see actual pics of dinosaurs but we enjoy the approximations. Dinosaurs died out. Coral will die out. Time for you Luddites to move on and accept the fact that it is NATURAL for species to dies out. Yes, even the human race will EVENTUALLY die out. Get used to it. Deal with it.

Reply to
sharx35