OT: Baghdad.... The cup is 40% full or 60% empty

Boy that sure makes me want to run....right libs?

You freakin cowards.

Do you jump when you see your shadows?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

No we don't. Do you enjoy Bush and Chenney trashing your grandkid's future? Did you enjoy the Vietnam war, do you enjoy the crippled veterans? Do you enjoy watching the republicans and big business scoop up piles of hard working folk's money? We fought the Germans only to fight the commies, only to fight the terrorists. Other countries don't have to go to wars continuously why do we? The sooner we get out of the waring mode, back to protect our borders, and relearn to mind our own business the better off we will be. Now explain to me the difference between the colonies in the US fighting for freedom and the Iraq terrorist.

Reply to
Moe

Well, yes, they do, as a matter of fact. GUTLESS wonders, they are, aiding and abetting terrorism by their naive panderings to it.

Reply to
sharx35

> Boy that sure makes me want to run....right libs?>>

You really ought to wake up and smell the coffee, types like you are what allowed Nazi's to take control. Enjoy your Toyota, American's spilled their blood all over the South Pacific to make it possible.

Reply to
Moe

And we've been in Iraq only four years. Mission Accomplished.=A9

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"Moe" wrote in message news:Zb1di.156353$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.lga...

Moe,. you've touched on some deep subjects here. Why is it that the US seems fated to get into wars at every opportunity (and often when the opportunity doesn't exist.) ? Then we manage to drag in our "coalition" of reluctant allies to help out in our eternal quest to spread "democracy" throughout the world. We haven't "won" a war since 1945, yet we continue to drain our treasury and our population to fight....fight...and fight some more. Other nations around the world seem to be able to live in peace with their neighbors and have done so for decades and centuries. But for some unfathomable reason, we always stick our noses in where it isn't wanted or warranted. We call the insurgents in Iraq "terrorists"....in other places, they might be called 'freedom fighters'. When a country is occupied for over four years, and living conditions are not only worse (lack of electricity, drinking water, and freedom of movement without curfews, etc) but infinitely more dangerous than when the previous tyrannical government was in power, you have to know that some subjugated people will rise up and attempt to get the occupiers our of their country, by any means possible....sniping, roadside bombs, and so on. But our strategy is to keep on with meaningless roving patrols which only exacerbate the situation and put our troops in peril daily. Now, Joe Lieberman opens his yap and opines that we ought to mount incursions into Iran. I wonder if he's ever looked at a map of Iran (five times the size of Iraq) or found out its population - 72 Million, or three times the population of Iraq....(and few 'friendlys'). Maybe Lieberman can find the troops to do this, but it won't be the US Army, which is strained to the limits by its quagmire in Iraq at the moment. As the British officer at the end of "Bridge on the River Kwai" says ..... "Madness!" Meanwhile, the Iraqi Parliament still seems set on taking a two-month vacation in July and August. Perhaps our troops should do the same.

Reply to
mack

And we've been in Iraq only four years. Mission Accomplished.©

Actually four and going on a half years. Wonder whether this will be like Vietnam (close to 15 years) or Korea (over 57 years) ? We never learn from our past mistakes, it appears.

Reply to
mack

We've been in Japan, Korea and Germany for 50 years.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I don't know about Korea, but peace in Germany and Japan was established fairly quickly after the end of major military operations, but our reconstruction efforts there were run much better than they have been in Iraq.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Correction: YOU apparently never learn from your past mistakes. 1. Pull out dick. 2. Put condom on.........

Reply to
sharx35

It should be 1) Put condom on; 2) Put in dick; 3) Pull out dick.

Reply to
beerspill

Yeah, some of us need good, orderly direction. LOL

Reply to
sharx35

The Germans, Japanese and Koreans were a bit more industrious.

Reply to
Scott in Florida