OT:Bush has a political future...

I think your projected timeframe is much too modest.

Reply to
tak

If you have trouble with reading comprehension, and only watch Faux News and hear Limburger, you will never know. Might as well resume your slumber.

Reply to
mack

Your routine is going nowhere--you have a deep desire to see the Democrats cut funds so you can revert to your Viet Nam rant about the Democrats betraying and abandoning our troops. Flap on, Scott, They aren't giving you the opening so you have settle for insults. To goad them to do your bidding? As though anybody takes you seriously. LOL

Reply to
tak

This must be a red letter day, because I happen to AGREE with you, Scott. If I'd had clout in Congress, rather than knuckle under and send Bush a bill to continue funding the war as he requested, with no deadlines for exiting Iraq, , I'd have sent Bush the same bill every day, every week and every month until he realized that That Was All He Was Going To Get!

If the Pentagon ran out of money to run the war, and got to the place where our servicemen had to wire home for money for their return plane fare, so be it. (Not that it would ever happen that way.)

But no, the Democrats, thinking "Oh, heavens, we might look as if we're obstructionists!" Caved in to Bush like a wet cardboard box. Shameful.

Reply to
mack

LOL...you are probably right.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You obviously do....LOL

Hey you cowards are the ones that said we should run from Iraq. You have the power.

What happened?

Lose your nerve?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

In other words you don't have an answer. Why am I not surprised?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I've directly spoken with one person. I have friends who have relatives and friends over there who've reiterated the same thing.

Many people. Get it?

Reply to
witfal

Get on the 'horn' to your Senators and Representatives.

It works.

See what happened when a LOT of constituents (including me) raised hell with the Senate about the Amnesty Bill? We shut it down.

If you believe we should be out of Iraq, contact your representatives and raise hell. They do listen.

I don't agree with you, but urge you to exercise you rights!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Give that man a cigar. He gets it.

Reply to
witfal

Sorry. I don't believe it. It's too outrageous. At least one soldier would've gone to the mainstream press by now.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Still mistaking insults for substance, Scott? I just don't understand why you waste your vast talents on this tiny newsgroup when it is so obvious that you could straighten out Washington in a week. Well, I suppose one thing stopping you are the restraints holding you in your chair.

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup... is there a computer terminal in the day room of some looney bin somewhere?"

Reply to
tak

I am straightening out Washington.

The first step....defeat the Amnesty Bill in the Senate...

Stirrin up you libs is just a bit of fun....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That's fine. You're entitled to willing ignorance.

And talking to the mainstream press hardly ensures publication or broadcast.

Just ask Juanita Brodderick.

Reply to
witfal

You think that if one soldier went to 5 major newspapers, not a single one would publish this? Tell me why you think that's the case.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not any more. It's become nothing more than empty rhetoric aimed at appeasement. A simple majority of the voting public ought to hang their head in shame at their own ignorance and ease of being duped.

I understand your thoughts above, and I'd really like to believe that they're true, but it just won't work.

I'll say it yet again: The Dems ran on an anti-war platform. I have yet to see one, ONE bill that has actually made it to the floor vote, to cut funding and bring the troops home with a specific deadline. Why? Because not one of the vocal ones anyway, has the balls to do it. In a perverse way it's their version of racial equality and Jesse Jackson. He has no interest in true equality, for then his sources of income would dry up. He/they get more mileage out of the status quo.

And you won't see a resolution, either, until possibly after the elections. The unwashed will then have four years to forget about the results of pulling out before what needs to be done there has been at least tried.

Reply to
witfal

Juanita Brodderick. If NBC would kill that one, they'd kill anything that doesn't fit in with their agenda.

Reply to
witfal

Absurd reasoning.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

He may be the biggest FU ever elected, but hopefully the damage can be undone within 25 years!

Reply to
Truckdude

Mom keep you off the computer so long that it took 2 posts to say that??

Reply to
Truckdude