OT Duct Tape is THE answer... <g>

-- Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Now that duct tape comes in pretty colors, you can use if for any type of body work. :-P

Nice photo.

later,

tom

Reply to
invalid unparseable

OK, that's just wrong

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I remember the astronauts doing something to the moon buggy for dust protection, but not the duct tape part.

I like it. <g>

A bit of space trivia: Velcro was invented for EVA walks during the Gemini program.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher
Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You're both wrong.

It was used during the space program, but invented in 1948 by a Swiss man who took his dog for a walk. He noticed the burrs that stuck to the dogs fur and an idea was born.

It's great stuff and a few variations have been invented since it's introduction.

Gary

Reply to
Garys2

You got me to reconsider, Natalie. Apparently it was invented by a Swiss engineer named George de Mestral in 1948, who got his patent in 1955.

Too late for WWII but too early for Gemini. They USED it for EVA's during the first space walks, but didn't actually invent it.

And the NASA engineer who visited our school was apparently too, shall we say, enthusiastic?

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher
Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And dad's in their home workshops, and anglers on their boats, and amateur astronomers packing up their portable scopes, and....

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Scotty, you been listenin' to Glenn Beck again!!! (BTW, I was going to ask you about your reticence lately!)

Reply to
hachiroku

...and also Republicans who can't tie their own shoes yet.

Reply to
Josh

The Democrats should consider using it over Howard Dean's mouth :-) Too many "open mouth, insert foot" incidents . . .

As a white water kayker I have had plenty opportunities to use duct tape. They now have different colors and materials. I really like the shiny metal duct tape - for covering the rust holes on the Fords I have owned. It looked like a "custom" trim job and helped them pass inspection.

Reply to
ma_twain

You are showing your age. It's been decades since anyone had to tie their own shoes. We have velcro now.

:-P

later,

tom @

invalid unparseable

I thought we were talking about velcro for some reason. Duct tape is the best stuff on earth.

Duct Tape products:

Josh

A good thing for poor li'l josh.

Though the thought of him poring over a shoe-tying instruction manual does bring me a smile.

I'm guessing that between Z(ero), dizziot, and Truckfool, the three of them might get it through his skull.

Hmmm. The Village People of alt.autos.toyota.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

AAAND duct tape!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I remember that. Didn't Apollo 15 have trouble with the front steering, so they had to steer theirs with the rear wheels only like a Navy ship?

Charles in Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Yup. The LRV had a steering radius of about 10 feet with both front and rear working. As I recall, the passenger astro (I forget his name) complained of being car sick due to the wild pitching.