OT: emergency surgery...

Well, for those who might be wondering why I have not answered emails back. I just got home from the hospital. I am checking my email on my laptop.

I had to go into emergency surgery yesterday afternoon to have my Gallbladder removed.

Needless, to say it is gone and I am still alive. ;-) (sorry for those of you who desire me dead :-P)

Anyway, be back on later this week.

Douglas

Reply to
GO Mavs

Are you gonna have it bronzed and put it on the mantle?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow! They can be painful and mistaken for heart attack. Because the quick discharge I assume it was the laparoscopic procedure.

Good you are back home again and on the mend.

P.S. I don't remember if you are a lefty or a righty. You are going to be ok that is the most important thing. :) and cheers.

Reply to
dbu,.

Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear your OK!

Teo questions: I know so many people who've had their GB's removed, why do we even have one? (wickeddoll?)

Second, is there a MARKET for these things? What are they worth on the Black Market? ;)

But glad to hear you're OK!

Reply to
hachiroku

My daughter had the laporascopic surgery about 14 years ago, her incisions covered up by (literally) four bandaids. Had the surgery on a Thursday, and by the following Sunday went to the movies with her boyfriend.

Hope your luck is the same as hers!

Reply to
mack

No wonder you were so pissy last week. All that gall/bile!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

bile storage

Reply to
Truckdude

You'll have to ask God why we have anything on our bodies :-)

But from WebMD.com: The gallbladder is a small sac under the liver that stores and concentrates bile, a fluid that helps the body digest fats. After a meal, the gallbladder contracts and releases bile through the common bile duct into the small intestine.

Yuck

Me too

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"GO Mavs" wrote in news:FqG6i.49688$UD2.27217@trnddc05:

How many times did you barf before they yanked it? Major pain, I'm sure!

Take a pic of the rock that was inside it.

Good luck to you. Both my wife and her mother had to have theirs removed.

My mother-in-law had hers removed in 1970 and still has the stone in a jar. It's about the size of large robin's egg and is pebbled all over the surface.

Reply to
Tegger

Whoa - that was fast. Unless you're typing from the hospital.

(sorry for those of

I hope the recovery is smooth.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Didn't you read, he said he was home.

Reply to
dbu,.

I read way too fast & focused on the 2nd half of his post; you're right, he said he's home.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Glad to see you are recovering.

Next time you have a medical emergency, try not to do it on a holiday weekend. Sometimes the staff is not all the motivated.

I am surprised to see that you checking your email on a laptop. Most people sit on a chair and have the laptop on them.

I look forward to seeing the virtual you (although, hopefully, you'll be sitting a chair, not a fragile computer).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yup! I forgot we have TWO nurses here!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, see you do what I do and sometimes miss something. We all scan over things for speed don't we.

Reply to
dbu,.

I see there's an order to start an IV on you......stick your arm over here and let me see what kind of veins we've to to work with. ;-)

Reply to
Truckdude

oops.....got to work with, not "to to work with" lol

Reply to
Truckdude

Good question, why do we need a gallbladder and not just the gall? I had my gallbladder removed when I was seventy years old and there were no aftereffects. I was so nauseated at the time I puked up the cake from my tenth birthday party. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Truckdude"...

GO Mavs wrote:

Just means you plan to stick him more than once

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Ah, well no, IMO...different types of comprehension deals. I missed a straight-forward literal reading, whereas your misses virtually always involve inferential comprehension. Or a denial of having said something that was literal & is still in print, yet you claim to have never have said it. Distant cousins, not siblings.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.