OT:Give credit where it's due

It is part of the free market.

A lot of smart people did that, too.

Gee, I invested in ExxonMobil and Icon Energy fund when they were on the upswing. My ExxonMobil stock went up 50% and my Icon Energy fund shares doubled in value. Poor me. However, that represents only 8% or so of my net worth.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

For Enron 401k's, employees were required to hold on to the company stock in their 401k's until they reached 50 years old.

Reply to
Jeff

A better question might be, what would motivate republicans seek the devaluation of the dollar. What does it do for deficits?

May 2003:

The "Snowstorm" that hit the dollar started with Snow's appearance on ABC's "This Week" show of Sunday May 11, during which he said ?When the dollar is at a lower level it helps exports, and I think exports are getting stronger as a result.? This somewhat innocuous statement was taken by the markets to be a sign that the administration favors the idea of allowing the dollar to slide, with the hope that a cheaper dollar would bolster exports and help shake off the deepening recession the US economy is going through.

F.H.

Yet you are the one who made the claim. Please back your claim that bush ruined the value of the dollar.

Please put up or shut up.

Reply to
Jeff

Where does Social Security fit into all these fancy formulas? You know, that tax we are paying that we will never reap the benefits thereof?

Reply to
badgolferman

If you invest as you follow threads you will go broke. Don't like to wish poor outcomes for anyone but with condescending braggarts I would make an exception. "doo doo" indeed. Nice sidestep.

Reply to
F.H.

Gee, I am not the one who doesn't back his claims.

You said, "Actually per barrel gas is cheap. Problem is that Bush ruined the value of the dollar so we have to spend a ton of dollars for a barrel of oil. It is indeed Bush's fault."

I asked you to back your claim. You didn't.

Asking you to back *your* claim is not being a condescending braggart.

It seems you are the one with sidestep.

Until you are able to say something intelligent, I won't respond to you in this thread. You have yet to show you're worth my time.

Have a nice day.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Lets try this *real* slow:

The remarks you refer to were: *not* *made* *by* *me*, hence the observation regarding 'following threads.'

Reply to
F.H.

In message news:KlvYi.22583$Cb.5068@trnddc08, Jeff sprach forth the following:

Bush has gotten the Fed to print money out of thin air at an alarming rate The government also stopped reporting M3 under Bush's direction (if you don't know what M3 is, or how it differs from M0, M1, and M2, get out of the discussion now to avoid serious embarrassment).

Once China stops buying our worthless T-Bonds it'll make 1929 look like a picnic.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Oops. My bad.

Reply to
Jeff

If I were you I'd be worring more about the U.S. house of repulsives than GWB, a great president. Nancy pee and the rest of her gang of theives is in real trouble. The razor thin margin in the Senate is worse off.

Reply to
dbu.

Enron and WCOM both cooked the books, as their stocks dropped, analysts were recommending them as "Buy" based on the company's balance sheets. The large financials have carried subprime loans off sheet also because they can't establish the true worth of the instruments. Anything to make the next quarter look good. And Americans now owe nearly a record $915 billion on their credit cards alone. Credit card companies wrote off 4.58 percent in payments between January and May, almost a third more than in the same period in 2006. A lot of smoke and mirrors accounting and a lot of debt to be reckoned with.

Reply to
Moe

Oh yeah, social security, the program that pays the sick, lame and lazy enough to retire before they ever work. Crazy money it's called. Get yourself or your kids on SSI and it's like winning the lottery. Free money and it's all tax free. I have a neighbor who is on SSI and she wanted me to help her with a computer site that searches out gov't grants, her solution to paying off the house they moved into with the assistance of the speculator realitor and our tax dollars. I told her she was on her own.

Reply to
Moe

Your point on SSI abuse is valid but there have been changes made. It is no longer that easy to get SSI. The other side of the coin on "free money" and the cost to 'taxpayers' is CEO compensation. If you are not adverse to PDF (I hate it but....) click on:

Compensation Survey, Executive Excess 2007: The Staggering Social Cost of U.S. Business Leadership(PDF), at this link:

F.H.