OT -- Hezbolah kicked sand at Israel today

That was a big mistake.

Militants struck into Israel today and took two soldiers then fled into Lebanon. Israeli troops are chasing them down, resulting in crossing into Lebanon by Israeli troops. It appears that Syria is in the crosshairs too.Time to leave Beruit and Damascus. Actually, it's time for Beruit and Damascus to send Hezbolah terrorists packing, but that is not likely to happen.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It's needed. Every few years they need a good spanking to clear out bad blood. I'm somewhat surprised with the new Israel PM, I though he was sort of a dove. Anyway, I hope the kick the feces out of them.

Reply to
dbu.

You might want to think about hopping a jet to help out. Since they're both dong the same thing, side doesn't matter. One less decision for you - have at it!

Reply to
FanJet

Have you ever had the shit kicked out of you?

Reply to
dbu.

Finally, an interesting reply. Why do you ask?

Reply to
FanJet

Surprise! I disagree with you. It's a matter of perspective, I suppose. Israel does not strike out and attack Hezbolah, they retaliate against incursions and attacks from Hezbolah (If I am spelling that wrong, please let me know.), surely you understand the difference. There is a certain chicken and egg quality to the discussion, but from my perspective, the Hezbolah militants (and Hamas, for that matter) might possibly have a valid grievance, but their tactics have pretty much isolated them from any public support that they could muster. Certainly they have no support from me, not that I could help them much, but they need support from as many as they can get but they get nearly no support outside of the Arab World. The Arab World could do more to get their agenda through if the spread the wealth of oil-dollars, but they need abject poverty to continue the stream of fighters that are willing to blow themselves up in a pizza parlor, and this just makes my support that much more difficult to have.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Because if you had you'd know how Lebanon feels right now.

Lebanon should say, thanks I needed that and clean up their act.

Reply to
dbu.

Yes, it reminds me of the Law of Unintended Consequences. They got rid of the hawk Ariel Sharon whom everyone was convinced was going to start WW III and replaced him with the "dove" Olmert. This guy has turned out to be exactly what Israel needed and the terrorists feared. Someone who will show no weakness and deals from a stronger hand rather than being an appeaser. This may seem like a crisis in the happening but I think it is the beginning of order being created.

Reply to
badgolferman

Unfortunately Lebanon has been the lap dog of Syria for decades. They have no true government, only appointments by the Syrian intelligence agency. They are effectively a buffer zone or neutral battleground for Syria/Israel.

Reply to
badgolferman

They aren't very neutral if they allow Hezbollah to operate with impunity.

If Syria really wanted a buffer zone, they would tell Hezbollah to chill.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hezbolah is now sending rockets into Israel. They've hit Haifa, 18 to 20 miles inside of Israel.

I think Lebanon is about to become a lake.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My point was Lebanon is used as a place to battle instead of invading each other's countries. Lebanon has been resorted to nothing more than a playground between Israel and Syria. The Lebanese people have no ability to throw out the militants and are forced to incur the wrath of Israel just because they are in the way.

Reply to
badgolferman

They will not need to send them packing, just prepare a bunch of burial plots. They don't have Howard Dean and the democrats in Israel, they WILL kick ass LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You know, the Israeli's would never fire another shot if their neighbors would choose peace over fear, destruction, and death. Seems pretty simple.

Reply to
Bryan

Yes, it is a sad state of affairs for the innocents.

Reply to
Bryan

God I hope so! I want a healthy world for my children. Not one where hate is the order of the day and the life mission of half the worlds population.

Reply to
Bryan

Where do you stand on the war on terror?

If we lose....your children's heads will be cut off and put on video tape.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

If Israel would treat the Palestine people as equals in the land they took from them the situation may gradually defuse. I'm not holding my breath as Israel continues in such a heavy handed way I see no hope of the Muslim people ever accepting them.

Bush and Blair have no problem with Israel's fighting, it keeps part of the ME under western control.

Reply to
Just Facts

If he's lucky, that will happen. If he's not so lucky, his childrens' heads will be chopped and handed to him in a box.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The Iranian wacko is now saying that if Syria or Lebanon is attacked all Muslim nations will attack Israel.

You would think that nutcase would be quiet, we still owe them one for the embassy and I'm pretty sure the iou is going to be called pretty soon .

Ron

Reply to
ron