OT - It's about frakkin' time

And this will cut the number of fraudulent votes cast each election by how much? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000? Am I too low?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Absolutely. If you want to understand motivations of certain political organizations (ACLU and certain civil rights groups), all you have to do is look at their stand on this issue. Not establishing identity for voting is 100% indefensible - period.

Bill Putney

What is your opposition to requiring identification to vote?

Reply to
badgolferman

So you are against voter ID?

Bill Putney

The Dims already put in a counter-measure to the voter ID requirement in

1993, it's called the Clinton Motor Voter (Fraud) law. When you change address or get a new driver's license, they want to know if you want to register to vote. Most states don't check new addresses THAT closely when changing your driver's license.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
<n5hsr

In 2000, it was estimated that in LA county alone over 70,000 illegal or fraudulent votes were cast. Imagine natiionwide numbers.

Reply to
witfal

Answer the question first, and cite a credible source.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Answer the question first, and cite a credible source.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Cite, including the number of those votes that were counted as valid.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Do your own homework. I read it in the San Diego Union Tribune.

- archives

Have fun.

Reply to
witfal

My answer is I don't know the answer. Source: me.

Bill Putney

"I don't know" isn't an answer, but anybody who doesn't know should logically not have an opinion on this issue.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

How much voter fraud has been caused by that law, and how many elections were counted incorrectly due to such fraud?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Cite. Also how many fraudulent votes were left undetected after the

1-3 months between the elections and the inaugurations or vote certifications, and which election outcomes were changed because of that fraud?
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It really does not matter what anyone in this NG "thinks," the Supreme Court has ruled. The individual states have the right to determine that the people choosing to cast a vote must prove they are a person that has the right to cast a vote. If the states make us prove we have the right to drive a car, or drink alcohol, surly we must prove we are who we are when we want to vote

Reply to
Mike hunt

- archives

Have fun.

Reply to
witfal

Some things you don't need to quantify. You are for or against on principle. I know that's a dirty word these days. There is no readon

*not* to require voter ID. Absolutely none.

And - yes - "I don't know" is an answer.

Bill Putney

It's a matter of principle and common sense.

Bill Putney

Note to self: Buy more popcorn.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom