OT It's Howie Carr time!

For a wonderful, funny look at Mass politics go to WRKO radio in Boston and listen to Howie!

Scott in Florida

And I finally figured out how to make it work with Linux...

Now, the challenge is 970 WFLA...

Reply to
Vash The Stampede

Thanks. I tried to find a way to listen to Howie and couldn't about a year ago. Glad this is going. Howie is great.

Bob

Reply to
Robert

Howie is a great American.

Reply to
dbu,

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

One of the links into WFLA is thru one of their shows (Schnitt).

Pretty interesting web site.

Scott in Florida

Yes he is.

I enjoy his commentary on Mass politics.

I'm SURE the targets of his comments are always happy with him!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

He has a great way of running liberals thru their own muck....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Dayam! I wish we had someone like him here in Illinois, where even the Republicans are DemonRats. . . . Where one U.S. Senator wants to be just like Teddy Kennedy, and the other wants to be like Jack Kennedy, and the Governor wants to be the next Bill Clinton and Elvis, too.

We haven't had an honest governor since Little Jim Edgar, and the last decent Senator we had was Fitzgerald. I miss Dirksen. And Chuck Percy.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I didn't listen to him for a year in my home market. He was too caustic. I used to switch to NPR All Things Considered. After 3 hours of Limbaugh, I wanted to hear how the others thought.

Then, I got that Tercel Wagon, and redid the body and painted the car. One afternoon I was on the other side of the car, with the grinder and files out, and Howie came on, and I was on the other side of the shop from thew radio, and up to my elbows. I kept arguing with him! (like, he could hear me...)

Same situation the next day. By the third day, I realized he was even more of an entertainer than a commentator, and actually started liking it.

He does deal with a lot of stuff here, in Mass, obviously, but also on the National scale, too...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! I just clicked on the link! Did you see the picture of Pelosi?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Do they still call the politicians Mass-holes? I wish we had a good name to call the jerkwads here in Illinois, home of the one-party two-party system, and the best choice on the ballot isn't on the ballot. (None of the above.)

If they ever put None of the Above on the ballot in Illinois, he would win in a landslide. I would personally not only vote, but would go vote in a pleated skirt, frilly blouse, and stilleto heels and a wig. That's how remote the posiblity of the machine politicians EVER allowing None of the Above on the ballot here in Illinois. Even Lt. Governor Pat Quinn isn't talking about it, and he's the nearest thing to a reformer we've got.

We need a Howie Carr for Illinois. There's more Republican Party activity in Arkansas, for crying out loud.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

No thanks. I live in western MA and no matter what, it's not funny nor does it turn things around. But I do understand where you're coming from. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

LOL...yup!

WHAT is she wearing??????

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I find him very entertaining and funny.

I, of course, agree with most of what he says....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

We need the damned Republicans to act like Republicans instead of Dims.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

ARRRGGGHHHH!!! I was messing with my Linux system, and installed something that was supposed to make it play .WAVs, and now my whole friggin sound system is out!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

A red scarf that covers her whole body.....She is a women in charge, red means power?? Wait, I though black was the color of power.

Reply to
dbu,

Oh.

I thought it was a clown suit without the makeup and nose...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL.....

These damned puters keep us going...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That is what happens when 99% of people mess with obscure O/S's.

Reply to
sharx35