OT: It's official. The Nobel Peace Prize is worthless.

The 2007 Peace Pussy Prize went to AlGore. Therefore, from here on out, I have no respect for the Nobel Peace Pussy Prize. I bet the feller that won the 1906 prize is turning over in his grave! (That would happen to be one Theodore Roosevelt, POTUS for a real accomplishment. He got Russia and Japan to end that little war they couldn't agree upon in 1905.)

Charles of Schaumburg

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I did not have respect for it when it was given to a terrorist from Palestine.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Al Gore got exactly what he deserved. Recognition from an institution that holds Jimmy Carter in high regard!

Reply to
badgolferman

The prize became ridiculous when Arafat was the recipient. All credibility was lost, and it has now become a tool for the poltically correct.

Tim Robbins made a speech when he received an award (Academy?) a couple of years back. He mentioned something about how great America was when, despite his anti-Iraq war stance, he still got his award.

The idiot really didn't seem to be aware that it wasn't despite, but BECAUSE of his"anti-everything-Bush" leanings that he won his award. They've all become meaningless.

Reply to
witfal

I wonder how all the neocons would feel about the Nobel Peace Prize if their savior, GWB had won it.... But no matter, since with his war crimes, he'd never have been nominated. Now if someone started giving out WAR Prizes, he'd be ahead of the pack, beating out even Sudan's murder-in-charge.

Reply to
mack

I'd forgotten Jimmah got one, too.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

have no respect for the

over in his grave! (That

He got Russia and Japan to

I agree with your assessment: for sure Euro metrosexuals have taken over the Nobel committee responsible for the selection.

Reply to
sharx35

savior, GWB had won it....

if someone started giving

If they had a prize for the greatest display of naïveté AND idiocy, you WOULD be a contender, a STRONG contender.

Reply to
sharx35

What would you say if I told you Alfred Nobel is known for inventing dynamite? At least President Bush is honoring him by making use of his invention!

Reply to
badgolferman

After Jimmy Carter, it would have been nice if Rush had won the Peace Price. It could use some respectablity, as it hasn't any right now.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

savior, GWB had won

Now if someone started

murder-in-charge.

be a contender, a STRONG

It could use some

Precisely.

Reply to
sharx35

Are you lonely when you have sex? After all, you Are alone, twit.

Reply to
mack

Gee, it's exciting that you just found out this fact. I've known it for a number of decades. Did you think that Alfred Nobel was related to Ma Bel (l)?

Reply to
mack

For what? That's as laughable as having Al Gore be nominated!

What would those be again? I can't seem to recall any war crimes, since Congress approved of the War.

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Nobel Peace Pussy prize has become just another example, just like the Oscars, of liberals circling the drain.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr