OT More Troop Deaths in peacetime during Clintoon Admin than Iraq war!!!!

?The total military dead in the Iraq war between 2003 and this month stands at about 3,133. This is tragic, as are all deaths due to war, and we are facing a cowardly enemy unlike any other in our past that hides behind innocent citizens. Each death is blazoned in the headlines of newspapers and Internet sites. What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That's 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who's counting??

Scott in Florida

You are a riot Scott. Soldiers die every day in training. Only the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan are announced. I'm sure the background deaths are still taking place due to accidents in training. Don't forget the contractors who have replaced soldiers. Make sure you add them in. They are not on the news either.

Reply to
Art

This NY SUN article is pure bull$hit. The writer is comparing battle deaths in Iraq with army-wide deaths in the Clinton administration years, including vehicle rollovers, drownings, munitions explosions in training, falling down a flight of stairs at Ft. Leonard Wood and perhaps a barracks fire at Ft. Lewis. ( The deaths of 22 Army personnel on an R and R flight from Korea to Japan in 1957 would have counted as part of the total. This has nothing to do with casualties during wartime.)

It would be interesting to know how many troopers suffered fatal injuries around the world for the last four years.

Reply to
mack

I see that you're back to citing crackpot sources.

You're comparing apples and oranges and need to compare those numbers with non-war military deaths during the GW Bush administration, but you don't have the integrity to do that, I'm sure.

Remember that big military operation that ran throughout the Clinton administration, where US and UK military planes patrolled most of Iraq? How many American deaths resulted from that?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

NYC owes a lot of gratitude to families all over this country of ours who saw there boys and girls go and not come back. But instead of heartfelt thank you's we get articles like the one above. Shame on you Scott for rubbing this stuff in our face. You are a shallow turd.

Reply to
mark digital©

He was quoting an article in the NY Sun. He didn't write it. If you don't like it call the Sun up and complain.

Because of the poison that has been spread from day one of the Bush administration this is what you get, retaliatory articles.

Reply to
dbu,

Scott's got you buffaloed.

Reply to
mark digital©

Nobody has me buffaloed.

Reply to
dbu,

Reply to
mark digital©

You can chuckle all you want but I've been following the poison here for the last four years and by far and away the majority of it has come from Bush haters.

Reply to
dbu,

So why do you keep perjuring yourself?

Reply to