OT: Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle

That's certainly one way to keep the desert nomads in their caves. I can here it now. "Screw you. I ain't going outside to fight for nobody." LOL

Reply to
mark digital©

The kooks will be running in the street yelling 'The end is nigh...'

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Talk is cheap. Something both of you have in common.

Reply to
mark digital©

Ham radio operators are kooks?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bullshirt! There was a HUGE solar cycle peak in 1957-58. Hams were working across the country on 10 and 11 meters (11 meters was a ham band until 1958 when it was made Class D Citizens Band, and we all know what happened after that.)

Good, we'll have some decent skip on HF. I won't have to listen to the locals groan about their operations, I can listen to the Left Coast OF's groan about THEIR operations BTW, the FCC just eliminated the code requirement effective Feb 23 for ham licenses in the US. I passed 5 wpm to get my first license back in 1985, but now I'm refered to as one of those no-code Extras. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr