OT: The wall in Baghdad

I wonder whether our government and our military will ever rent a clue.

The Army starts building a wall between neighborhoods in Baghdad to keep the warring sects apart, and the Iraqis say the don't like it. So now apparently the military will tear it down. Our senior military officers were surprised to find out the Iraqis didn't like the wall. Wouldn't it have been (to use G.H.W. Bush's term) "Prudent" to have found this out prior to builting the silly thing?

Reply to
mack

It would be prudent to nuke the bastards.....

That is prudent.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Last I heard they were continuing to build it with the Iraq miltary approval.

Reply to
dbu.,

Was there "support" for torture when we were doing that?

Reply to
dizzy

See, NOW you're starting to make some sense.

Reply to
dizzy

What torture? Embarrassing prisoners or actual torture like sticking needles in their eyes and pulling out findernails?

Reply to
badgolferman

What torture, you dufus?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Not the only wall there like the media would have you think. US and Iraqis have built hundreds of them all over for 4 years now. Media just found one that is controversial and made a story about it. Walls really don't do much good anyhow. Big wall around the so-called green zone but doesn't stop attacks on the other side. Been there, seen lots of walls in Baghdad and Iraq first hand...

Reply to
Sherlock

You heard wrong.

Reply to