{OT} the will of the people

It's good to see the people of Massachusetts have stood up and said enough is enough. Maybe there's still hope for that state to come to its senses and even eventually be rid of the rest of their abominations.

Lawmakers in Massachusetts, the only state where gay marriage is legal, on Tuesday voted to advance a proposed constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, a critical step toward putting the measure the 2008 ballot.

The proposed amendment, which would define marriage as between one man and one woman but ban future gay marriages, still needs approval of the next legislative session before it can go onto the ballot.

The supporters of the amendment collected signatures from 170,000 people in an effort to get the question on the ballot.

Reply to
badgolferman

(Yes, I'm Top Posting...)

No one ever accused us of having good sense. After all, we keep electing Kennedy and Kerry, as well as John Olver and Richard Neil...

This will never make it past Daval Patrick's leadership. Mitt Romney steps down...uh, tomorrow, I think?

Reply to
Hachiroku