OT: Traditonal Values Restored

How is the ACLU hampering the government? Your words. No links, or cut & paste jobs.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Mike Hunt is on record as having called it a form of birth control.

These guys have got to get a grip; there's nothing Clinton could add to the national repertoire of sexual activity and dishonesty. Adultery is about a day newer than the institution of marriage, lying about it is two minutes newer than that and oral sex is another venerable activity; it's the second-oldest specialty of the oldest profession.

Which recalls to mind one of the funniest bits of TV dialog ever:

"... the world's oldest profession." - Larry, with a significant look "Shepherd?" - Balki from "Perfect Strangers."

Still makes me laugh.

Reply to
DH

Well, damn that liberal press for digging up another point of view!

Not at all. Our rights are in the Constitution for a reason and they are not to be lightly ignored or denied. We also need a transparency of government that allows for good citizen understanding of policy and results. They have a name for the kind of place where citizens can't get full and accurate information about the government, where dissent is suppressed and debate is discouraged, where information is whithheld form the people. It's called North Korea.

It's up to us to keep an eye on the government. I believe that the Founders expected it and would demand it.

The ACLU has done nothing to hamper the our fight against terrorism. Our own policies hamper our fight against terrorism. I posted it elsehwere but it's worth another look:

"I'll be honest," said Sheik Muktar Robow Abu Monsur, the deputy security chief for the Islamists [of Somalia]. "America is the best friend of Islam. It wakes up the sleeping Muslim."

Reply to
DH

Golf boy and others like him are very strange. Many of them have been around since the 1960s, but they pretend not to remember what the Soviet Union was like. They hint that moving toward that kind of spooky society isn't such a bad thing, in return for some fake sense of security.

Or, they were never aware of that kind of society, which means they never read anything or paid attention to the news. According to Jefferson, it's our duty as citizens to make informed decisions. This means golf boy and the other borg are not real Americans.

Get the rope.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I wouldn't say, "not real Americans," partly because I hate it when they say such about me and mostly because we have to deal with them as our fellow Americans (they're still going to get to vote in 2008). Rather, I'd say they lack faith in our real strength. Paul Wellstone said something about that - I can't remember the quote accurately - but it was to the effect that America had both power and strength and that an invasion was a display of our power but other things would be a display of our strength.

Unfortunately, the aspect of our strength that can be used to sustain a foreign policy that does not depend heavily on use of force, is chipped away by our unwise use of our power.

Badgolferman and I both lived in Iran for a time (I really should make arrangements to meet the guy) and it amazes me that we have apparently come away from that with completely different appreciations for what strengthens America. Iran was run by a fairly amicable despot (way better than, say Idi Amin or Saddam Hussein but far worse than someone like the Dalai Lama or the Pope) who had our official support as a bulwark against Communism. However, the people in the street - at least in my experience - nearly universally absolutely loved us. I felt like Jesus at times because the Iranians acted like they'd gain something if they just touched the hem of my clothing. The experiences of my friends who have also traveled abroad are similar. That's one of our strengths. We could harness that. But we piss it away through arrogance and ignorance.

Reply to
DH

Check your mail, assuming your headers are not munged.

Reply to
badgolferman

It seems your address is not valid. Returned message.

Reply to
badgolferman

Bush? Values? Like how he raised the twins?

He does know he has children, doesn't he?

Reply to
mmward

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:uKAfh.7348$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Yo Dudes It is my honest opinion that life starts at birth. Therefore i am not against abortion. Sometimes retroactivly. Tell me now, does your wife feel that she is killing a unborn child every time that she menstruates?

Reply to
Throckmorton P. Ruddygore