OT - Unsettling News - A Bank Heist

The Dar-es-Salaam bank in Baghdad was ripped off to the tune of a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS in CASH.

Reply to
DH

Oh yeah. The Iraqis are handling their own affairs very nicely. They can't even secure a friggin bank.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's a very rosy assessment, compared to what I'm thinking this might mean.

Reply to
DH

1) The rats are jumping ship, heading for the south of France.

and/or:

2) We just funded AQ for the next 200 years.

and/or

3) That was Cheney's stash, and the next news report will say he's been hospitalized with chest pains like you wouldn't believe.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ROFL

Hell you Dims can't even cut off funding to our troops...

Do you have control of your own affairs, loser?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Another example of how they like to spew bad news. The robbery was for considerably less than one million. In fact about half a million.

Reply to
dbu,.

What is your source for that figure?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What is your source for anything other than what I stated?

Reply to
dbu,.

Take your pick.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You must keep up:

dbu,.

Yes. They say one thing, and other major sources say another. Do you have any theories about why confusion exists?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The media quest for negative news.

The worse they can make it appear the better for their cause because they hate GWB due to his stomping of prima-dona gore and subsequent crushing of their beloved and master-debator kerry.

It's a no-brainer.

Reply to
dbu,.

ROFL....

You should have bet Joey....cept I already own everything he has...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

He reneges on his debts.

Reply to
dbu,.

Oh. You think the news sources are fiddling with the facts. What about the parent company of that bank in Iraq? You know who the parent company is. Any chance the Iraqi spokesman opened his mouth too soon, and the parent company is now trying to keep its stockholders from going apeshit?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You are a funny person JSB.

Reply to
dbu,.

I know you're not man enough to answer this question, but why do you think the scenario is funny? And, by the way, what company owns 70% of that Iraqi bank?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Stars & Stripes is also carrying a quarter billion dollar figure.

Frankly, I hope the MSNBC report you posted is correct. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this.

Reply to
dh

You're getting warmer but I guess I'm just way more pessimistic than you. Think... big.

Reply to
dh

Reeeaaallllyyyy big.

Reply to