OT: US deficit is shrinking

You should read the article, not just the first four words.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The article makes a good case for the income to the Treasury. Lowering tax rates has had an excellent effect on monies collected due to corporations having more money to pay employees and create capital improvements. The sour note of the article is that costs are projected to go up because the social programs America has commited itself to are due to increase exponentially.

It seems to me there are a few obvious choices:

1) Lower social program costs 2) Increase income by lowering taxes even more 3) (Add your own)
Reply to
badgolferman

Dbu doesn't understand big words, he doesn't even look at the whole title, which adds the words "for now". The whole article is based on very nebulous speculation, like "if there's no recession...." and so on. Which is a little like saying "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle."

Reply to
mack

The tax break had nothing to do with this. That's just a GOP fantasy that has no basis in fact. In fact you can easily find data to explain what this is not true.

ToMh