OT: Who reads what

WHO READS WHAT AND WHY

  1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

  1. The New York Times is read by people who think they run the country.

  2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they should run the country.

  1. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand the Washington Post. They do, however, like their smog statistics shown in pie charts.

  2. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time, and if they didn't have to leave LA to do it.

  1. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and they did a far superior job of it, thank you very much.

  2. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country, and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

  1. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country either, as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

  2. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure there is all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority feministic atheist dwarfs, who also happen to be illegal aliens from ANY country or galaxy as long as they are democrats.

  1. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

*snipping great stuff*

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

But alas fewer and fewer people are subscribing to and reading newspapers today, in large part because of their liberal editorial bias. More people are looking into other sources for more balance in their news source.

mike

Reply to
me

No matter how hard someone may try, they can't help but put their own slant on a story, but of course we should still try to keep abreast of things. I go to the CNN site, which is mostly left, and then to the MSNBC site, to get a more moderate look. I also read my local newspaper (Conservative). I despise local newscasters, because of that lame chatting they do. Just gimme the gawddamn news and weather, and skip the little 'jokes' and anecdotes! The local paper is my source for local news and weather.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I'm with ya Natalie! Who in their right mind wants to hear the "weatherman" and "newsanchor" babble about their: dates, children, boy/girl friend at 5:30 in the moning.

I just want the news with my coffee.

Reply to
ron

*high-five*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Wrong, as usual.

"Trig" can certainly be used for such problems.

Reply to
dizzy

True, but trig is more advanced. Geometry is the lowest level of mathematic skills that one must posses to calculate the unknown angle. Calculus can be used if one prefers, but geometry is the most basic skill that can be used.

Sorry for the algebra earlier, that was a typo.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Wouldn't be a typo would it?, you just typed the wrong word didn't you?...big difference when one's a pedant reading this... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I figured that the people that knew the difference in a typo and the complete wrong word wouldn't care, and the people that don't know the difference wouldn't see the mistake, and accept the explanation as a typo ...

Reply to
J Strickland

Yeh...that's not bad...but I, noticing how well you handle most subjects, just thought that you might think that nobody here knew the difference.

Just doing my duty as a caring reader in holding you to the level that I know you're capable of!...

:)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Heh. I did the same, and I still have the books, but what's more fun to me is looking through my class notes, and thinking "WTF is this shit??? I actually knew what this meant?" 8)

Reply to
dizzy

Reading college calculus for fun???

Both of you need hobbies that keep you occupied! Consider:

- rock climbing - lots of fun, especially if you can get someone else to carry all the paraphernalia up the hill for you. Standing on top and looking down is an instant rush, no drugs needed.

- roasting your own coffee - a buddy took this up, roasting small batches now occupies most of his free time.

- restoring an obscure car that people today don't instantly recognize and enthusiasts don't normally restore - Lotus Elan, Hillman, Nash Metropolitan, a 1963 Ambassador, Datsun B-210, U.S. spec Carina or Crown. If this is not enough of a challenge, choose a car that is universally known for less-than-stellar reliability, like a Fiat or a Yugo so that when you're finished restoring it, you can immediately start over.

- tying flies - One you become proficient, your fellow anglers will mooch off of you and lose them so you will have a constant demand.

- take apart two automatic transmissions without instructions, mix up the parts, and then put them back together.

Reply to
Ray O

Joining a swinging club could be fun, its like creating your own soap opera!

Reply to
Dan J.S.

There are clubs for that?

Reply to
Ray O

Yup... i mean call it what you want, there are two in my immediate neighborhood... its kind of fun to see the after effects... they have rules like put your feelings aside, this is purely sex, etc, but it never seems to work out that way... 6 of the couples are going on a Hedonism cruise next month... one of the guys is a comptroller for a very big company - i wonder if this would affect his job if people he worked with knew... hmmm... anyway - his wife is a trophy wife and from what i hear a lot of dudes line up for her each time... and the husband enjoys it... wild shit!

Oh - and lets not forget that 4 of the couples are heavily involved in our church activities... haha...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I thought all that stuff was as real as Rambo, Spiderman, Batman. Those activities sound like a pretty sure-fire way to have a stroke, heart attack, or ulcer from the stress of worrying about someone from their church or job finding out or getting a disease with no cure...

So when the minister or boss says "hey, bring in your vacation pictures so we can see if we want to go there some time..."

Reply to
Ray O