OT - You couldn't MAKE this stuff up...

Studies suggest biofuels worsen global warming! Many have already concluded that using ethanol for auto fuel is about the worst hoax perpetrated on the driving public. Now, it not only appears economically stupid, but actually destructive to the environment. How much does anyone want to bet that this new finding will not get in the way of politicians, farmers and enviro wackos who are unwilling to admit to the big ethanol mistake? Mister B

Reply to
Mister Bear

Hypocrisy at its finest. The enviro-whackos who've touted bio fuels as our salvation will now have to ignore the "Inconvenient Truth".

I love irony.

Reply to
witfal

The ONLY alternative fuel on the horizon that will be available in enough volume to meet anything near our current needs will be when the technology to make ethanol by enzyme conversion of plants, rather than distillation of food products, is fully developed so it can compete with gasoline. ALL of the other so called alternative fuels combined will only be enough to keep up with the worlds ever increasing demand for fuel, not replace anything.

Enzyme conversion product ethanol at a rate ten times that of distillation at a fraction of the cost

Reply to
Mike hunt

Dude, I reporetd hearing this on the BBC a couple weeks ago!

You can't please the k00ks. Not only that, but it drives up the cost of food.

When the reporter asked the k00k if using old corn stalks would solve the problems, the k00k answered "NO!!!!" and then proceeded to drool more eco-k00k gibberish onto his chin.

Reply to
Hachiroku