Out of alignment or bent axle?

How can one tell if my front wheel(s) have been whacked out of alignment, or I actually have worse, a bent axle?

Who can I trust to check it out, who won't try to rake me for big bucks when I don't know if they're being truthful?

Reply to
Sarah Houston

If the car drifts or pulls to one side or the other when driving on a flat, level road or the steering wheel is off-center or you are getting unusual and uneven tire wear, then the car is probably out of alignment. A damaged drivetrain or suspension component will also cause the vehicle to be out of alignment. Take the car to a reputable repair facility, preferably AAA approved to have the alignment checked if you want to be sure.

You can check the tires for any bulges or bubbles in the tread or sidewalls, and check the wheels for damage.

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, what Ray said! If you whacked that 'sleeping policeman' especially hard, you may have a bubble in the tire, and that's hazardous! Get down on your hands and knees (OH BOY!!!!) and have a good look at the inner sidewalls on the tires. I went to have a car aligned once, and the guy couldn't do it because there was a sidewall bubble the size of a grapefruit on the inner sidewall. And I had just driven 70 MPH for 40 minutes to get there!!!!

Present the bill to the management company... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku