Owner maintenance of moon roof ('01 Avalon)

I just bought a used '01 Avalon & I like using the moon roof. It works and seals fine now.

Any tip on what to lube or coat with ArmourAll (or not), or what to watch, or what not to do? I bought a Haynes book, but it has nothing.

Reply to
Nelson Wallace

Spray some silicone lube on a rag or paper towel and wipe the gasket to keep it from sticking. The drive mechanism should have sufficient lube from the factory although you can also spray the rails with silicone to help the panel move.

If you have a tank-type air compressor and a rubber-tipped nozzle you can blow out the drain tubes in the front corners of the opening to make sure they're not clogged with anything.

Reply to
Ray O